cam follower replacement help. pics.

JJ.Foulds

Reaction score
so i went to replace my cam follower today, this being the first mechanical thing iv ever done on a car in reality, i came to a halt.
So i read thru the guides and the video and my fuel pump differed from the shown one, (05, 2.0TFSI)

So i got stuck taking this pipe off... you can see the spanner on it.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

you can see where i have the spanner on it (with a screwdriver coming from the top), but cannot undo this at all, and i dont want to pull on the fuel pump incase the pipes snap!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Any idea's?

I'd have said on the lowest point is where you undo it it there no allen key slot underneath? Try and feel with your finger, no expert myself.

Yeah looks like a banjo fitment to me, so as Lee says check underneath.

Yip looks like banjo, which will have either hex or spline female fitting on the end. Use a mirror to have a look.
Be careful not to loose the washer.

Yeah looks like a banjo fitment to me, so as Lee says check underneath.

"Use a mirror to have a look"

"I will go check now, to see what I can feel"

Never, never, scan read this forum. I had to read the thread again slowly.

I thought I clicked on the wrong forum for a moment! :)

ok the engine is hot, so will have to leave it till tomorrow. and i will get back to you all :D

Reactions: Glenno
Yes you need to undo the bolt from underneath, pain to get to.
Mine is the same, I think it should be a triple square M8 that you need, sort of like a 12 sided torx bit

Yes you need to undo the bolt from underneath, pain to get to.
Mine is the same, I think it should be a triple square M8 that you need, sort of like a 12 sided torx bit

i deffo dont have anything that looks like that in my tool kit, do u have a link to what you mean?

Google XZN Triple Square

(Triple Square is different to Spline, which is typically 12 point hex)