Cam Belt

Markey

Reaction score
My car is in need of a cam belt change soon i am also going to get some light weight pullies etc fitted and the water pump.
Im hopeing to be pusing 280BHP by March next year and was wondering is there such a thing as a performance cam belt or will the normal one from Audi do the job just as good?

Thanks People...

Apparently Halfords belts are reinforced compared to other belts on the market,as they are aimed at (possibly) more ham fisted home mechanics!I'm going to change my belt next year and will probably just use an Audi one though.

If you want a "performance" belt Piper can supply one, TBH though the OE Gates belts are excellent, unless you are upping the RPM massivly it will be fine.

If your worried change it more often

Andy
GDI

Cheers guys i was thinking with the extra power to fit an Audi one and then just change it every 40k or something...

agreed, not sure i would like a "halfords" one on my car... most of them don't know what a cam belt is... from my personal experience!

[ QUOTE ]
AndyC said:
not sure i would like a "halfords" one on my car... most of them don't know what a cam belt is...

[/ QUOTE ]
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif
TRUE......