Cam belt service at 80K and ..

drummie

Reaction score
... I have been told that a service update from Audi say that the 80K service does not need to include the cam belt service. it can be done at 100K. Does anyone else know this for a fact? I'd been told a few months ago from the guy i bought my RS6 off and he was doing some research for another customer. He contacted me out of the blue to say Audi had made this update to the service schedule. I'm 4800 miles off that service and it would nice to save myself over a £1000.
Cheers
Dave.

Thanks for the reply. The first Cambelt is 40K, which was done but this info came in the last 3 months and it's supposed to be the cars that have been done at 40k in the past 3 years because the new part used has a longer life (60K)...
I'm going to make the call over the weekend. It's certainly not AT 60K because I had that service done to Audi spec and it was oil, filters, and the plugs.
Cheers,
Dave.

HI there.

Now I have the facts, that seem to be in line with you Quattrojames.
I spoke to AUDI UK and they told me my Reg and chassis number were telling them it was on a 60K schedule from new.. so 60k then 120K etc...

But in my service book it was done at 39,461...and written in pen it says "Every 40000 miles" after it. That work was done at Blackburn Audi. I'm not sure why that service was done then. Maybe the part looked worn and it was done out of caution.

I had the old RS4 AVANT and that was on a 40K cambelt schedule.

Cheers anyway and thanks for the earier info which would appear correct.

Dave.

No worries, glad to help. I only repeated what i read in the Stoke Audi section.