Cam belt replacement

Tariq Khan

Reaction score
Hi,

I have recently brought a 2010 Audi A6 Le Mans 170 diesel 2.0 tdi. The was no service history with the car so I don't know if the cam belt has been changed. The mileage is 128k, I have done the big service, replaced all pad and rear discs. The car is running smoothly but I don't know of I should replace the cam belt.

Your advice will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Teekay

I would defo change it if you don’t have a record of it being done, the damage and associated costs of a snapped cambelt far out way the cost of replacing it now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi S3steve,

I hope you are well and thank you for your reply. I have just serviced the car and had all pads and rear discs changed, this cost me £400. The mechanic used to work for a local reputable audi/vw approved garage and has set up his own garage but is not approved at the moment. His knowledge is good, do you reckon I should get it changed from him or a dealership. Also, how much should it cost for the cam belt and water pump supply and fitted.

Many thanks in advance

It doesn’t have to be a dealer mate, although it is worth checking with the dealer as they do fixed price servicing deals on older Audi’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi S3steve, thank you for your reply. How much should it cost, I have a audi a6 c6 Le Mans 2010 2.0 tdi

I have also added 2 more posts, any assistance on those posts will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.