cam belt change costs.

rsvrider

Reaction score
Hi Guys.

Just looking at getting my cam belt and water pump changed. i live in Plymouth so am open to ideas, never owned an Audi before so not sure where to go.
Audi A3 2.0 tdi sline 140. 2008 facelift.

The 5 years is up and mileage is 66k.

Been quoted today.

Audi Stealer £539 on fixed price service.
Independent @ Phil Davies £440.

any one else to try? i work in Exeter so may be able to have it done when at work.

Many thanks

Nige

Go to camberly auto factors and join there club for a huge discount on parts I got an oem cambelt, pulley set with 4 Bosch glow plugs, oil, fuel and air filter for £167 then payed a local garage £100 to fit the kit

Just paid £312 at AMD Essex for cambelt and water pump. My local dealer was £430 just for cambelt

Seems like I am being over charged somewhat. No where near a camberley motor factors so no go there. Maybe have to try some bartering

Mine is getting done tomorrow £380 at Indy. Asked local Audi dealer "how much for cambelt and waterpump" before I could say on an A3 2.0TFSI, she shouted £539 down phone. So no thanks Audi.

They were much cheaper few years ago for my 1.8T TT, only reason I asked for price.

(2007 2.0 Tdi Sport 140)
I was quoted £250 last week for cam belt/kit (Continental) and water pump by a SE Wales based Indy.