Calliper and disc guard respray. What colour ?

crf150

Reaction score
I've put some new shoes on my avant and now the callipers are more noticeable than ever and it doesn't look good with them being rusty ! Has anyone got any photos of theirs resprayed ? Not sure what colour to have mine resprayed. Want them to look nice but don't want them to stand out too much.

Excuse how dirty they are, it was raining yesterday !

Thanks !

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 179
Reactions: James.B8 and Chop.
Simple black is what I did mine. Hides 90% of the dirt and looks factory.

Reactions: xpoweruk
I was thinking of doing it black, was told by someone to do it in silver as make it look nice but doesn't stand out too much, anyone done theirs in silver or could photoshop it for me so I could see what it looks like ?

Thanks

Looking good with the new wheels. 19s? I've got mine sprayed red but to be honest if I was to do it again I'd spray them black. Can't go wrong with black

I would do a satin black. Hammerite is the best paint to go with. It does what it says on the tin. :)

Reactions: GAS MONKEY
cd18560e367ca692a9b0514001a5528f.jpg

Painted (brushed) hammerite gloss black calipers and silver hub and back plate.

Sent from my Note 4 using tapatalk

I was thinking of doing it black, was told by someone to do it in silver as make it look nice but doesn't stand out too much, anyone done theirs in silver or could photoshop it for me so I could see what it looks like ?

Thanks

Silver does stand out as it's light , it's the next lightest colour to white .

If you paint your average ugly calipers and back plates silver you will highlighting them which detracts attention and the clean simple look of attractive alloy wheels.

Looking good with the new wheels. 19s? I've got mine sprayed red but to be honest if I was to do it again I'd spray them black. Can't go wrong with black
Yeah they are genuine 19's, debating on whether to keep it as it is or get some eibach sportlines for it ?!

I'll go with black then, will be like it for a while, will get it done when i get the cambelt done, getting new pads and discs all round at the same time

Did mine in VHT black & silver with silver rings then lacquered.

Reactions: GAS MONKEY, Jakes2514 and Bristle Hound
Yeah they are genuine 19's, debating on whether to keep it as it is or get some eibach sportlines for it ?!
Nice. Well personally I'll always say go for the sportlines as I love mine. Up to personal preference. A drop with those wheels will look good. Close the arch gap up and makes the car look more sporty

as above Hammerite smooth is brilliant - I hand painted mine - easy job

IMG 0785