1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Calliper and disc guard respray. What colour ?

crf150 Sep 4, 2016

1. crf150

crf150 Registered User

I've put some new shoes on my avant and now the callipers are more noticeable than ever and it doesn't look good with them being rusty ! Has anyone got any photos of theirs resprayed ? Not sure what colour to have mine resprayed. Want them to look nice but don't want them to stand out too much.

Excuse how dirty they are, it was raining yesterday !

Thanks !
    image.jpeg image.jpeg

Attached Files:

James.B8 and Chop. like this.
  2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. Gazwould

Gazwould Registered User

[​IMG]

Chop. likes this.
  4. Chris90

Chris90 Active Member VCDS Map User

Simple black is what I did mine. Hides 90% of the dirt and looks factory.

xpoweruk likes this.
  5. crf150

crf150 Registered User

I was thinking of doing it black, was told by someone to do it in silver as make it look nice but doesn't stand out too much, anyone done theirs in silver or could photoshop it for me so I could see what it looks like ?

Thanks

6. James.B8

James.B8 Registered User

Looking good with the new wheels. 19s? I've got mine sprayed red but to be honest if I was to do it again I'd spray them black. Can't go wrong with black

xpoweruk likes this.
  7. Sandra

Sandra Administrator Staff Member Administrator Platinum Supporter Audi Main Dealer

I would do a satin black. Hammerite is the best paint to go with. It does what it says on the tin. :)

GAS MONKEY likes this.
  8. feva

feva Registered User

[​IMG]

Painted (brushed) hammerite gloss black calipers and silver hub and back plate.

Sent from my Note 4 using tapatalk

xpoweruk likes this.
  9. Gazwould

Gazwould Registered User

Silver does stand out as it's light , it's the next lightest colour to white .

If you paint your average ugly calipers and back plates silver you will highlighting them which detracts attention and the clean simple look of attractive alloy wheels.

xpoweruk likes this.
  10. crf150

crf150 Registered User

Yeah they are genuine 19's, debating on whether to keep it as it is or get some eibach sportlines for it ?!

11. crf150

crf150 Registered User

I'll go with black then, will be like it for a while, will get it done when i get the cambelt done, getting new pads and discs all round at the same time

12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. Bulldog

Bulldog Registered User

Did mine in VHT black & silver with silver rings then lacquered.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. James.B8

James.B8 Registered User

Nice. Well personally I'll always say go for the sportlines as I love mine. Up to personal preference. A drop with those wheels will look good. Close the arch gap up and makes the car look more sporty

15. GAS MONKEY

GAS MONKEY Blood Sweat & Beers

Go black all day long looks cool hides the dust , just depends on the colour of your wheels as well as such its a personal choice its your car at the end of the day:blahblah1:

16. TerryA

TerryA Registered User

as above Hammerite smooth is brilliant - I hand painted mine - easy job

IMG_0785.JPG