Calling all S4 TDI owners

Thank you everyone. We test drove one on Saturday and I feel a lot better? Does any one use it as a family car and if so how do you find it?

My 2020 S4 is in Audi as we speak having both the Engine & Transmission Software Updates! (A fight but eventually paid for by Audi) fingers crossed I will be a bit happier tonight!

Hi
Please do tell what you thought of the lag (or lack of) compared to the S-Tronic.
I had a '67 B9 S-Tronic which was dire. My latest '21 B9.5 is chalk and cheese, we absolutely love it. The S4 I tried (tiptronic) was pretty bad both gearbox and turbo lag. Combined it was simply not good enough on a £55k car, or on any car TBF. However, not as bad as my '67 reg one.

Software updated! I will post the versions later but a very noticeable difference, much much more eager and seems to know what gear I would like to be in now!

Software updated! I will post the versions later but a very noticeable difference, much much more eager and seems to know what gear I would like to be in now!
I am interested in this as my SQ5 (2022) is booked in next month to have a software update which I presume is the same.

Looks like this has been pulled from the UK configurator? Have they seized production?

Looks like this has been pulled from the UK configurator? Have they seized production?
I am still waiting on mine ordered Jan 23 and due last month(July).The dealership told me Audi have suspended all new orders of S4 and S5 so they can catch up with backlog. At the moment I have a Nov-23 manufacture date but I am starting to doubt I will ever see it.

Reactions: The Jargen
I am still waiting on mine ordered Jan 23 and due last month(July).The dealership told me Audi have suspended all new orders of S4 and S5 so they can catch up with backlog. At the moment I have a Nov-23 manufacture date but I am starting to doubt I will ever see it.
They’re not doing too bad - mine was just short of two years from order date but it was at the back end of Covid

@mbc0 and JohnNW, would be grateful if you could advise the engine and gearbox software versions that you've been updated to. I have a 2021 A4 allroad 50 TDI and the local dealer claims that no updates are currently available. Thanks.

@mbc0 and JohnNW, would be grateful if you could advise the engine and gearbox software versions that you've been updated to. I have a 2021 A4 allroad 50 TDI and the local dealer claims that no updates are currently available. Thanks.
Where / how do I find that information?