Calling Aberdeen area S3 owners with bucket Seats

Ess_Three

Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
Is there any kind S3 owners in the Aberdeen area who would be kind enough to let me plonk myself in their drivers seat to try it for size?
I don't need to go anywhere in the car...just sit in the drivers seat and maybe adjust it a wee bit.

I drove an RS4 some time ago and didn't like the active bolsters...but since the S3 doesn't have them, I may be OK in them.

Can anyone help?

Cheers,

Glen.

Is there any kind S3 owners in the Aberdeen area who would be kind enough to let me plonk myself in their drivers seat to try it for size?
I don't need to go anywhere in the car...just sit in the drivers seat and maybe adjust it a wee bit.

I drove an RS4 some time ago and didn't like the active bolsters...but since the S3 doesn't have them, I may be OK in them.

Can anyone help?

Cheers,

Glen.

Glen,

I'm sure granite_city_loon will be willing to help you.

They're a snug fit as std. but if you're slim that's not a problem.

Failing that i'll help you on March 1st.

Glen,
They're a snug fit as std. but if you're slim that's not a problem.

That's the problem...
I'm not slim!

I'd ned to try them. As I recall, RS4 seats at the bolsters furthest out were fine...which should be where S3 bolsters will be.

Failing that i'll help you on March 1st.

Probably a bit too late...thanks for the offer though!

That's the problem...
I'm not slim!

I'd ned to try them. As I recall, RS4 seats at the bolsters furthest out were fine...which should be where S3 bolsters will be.

Probably a bit too late...thanks for the offer though!

They're probably too tight then Glen. They sound like they are like the RS4's on 'sport' mode.

If you've ever sat in the Recaro CS's that are fitted to MINI JCW's, Meganes and Clio's then the Audi ones are even tighter fit.

I'm 5' 11" and 75-80kgs for reference.

I'm in Elgin Glen, if that is any use, just got my new S3 with the buckets, welcome to try them if you fancy.

cheers col

They're probably too tight then Glen. They sound like they are like the RS4's on 'sport' mode.

If you've ever sat in the Recaro CS's that are fitted to MINI JCW's, Meganes and Clio's then the Audi ones are even tighter fit.

I'm 5' 11" and 75-80kgs for reference.

Hmm...
I'm 6'3" and about 120Kg...

I can fit in Recaro Pole Position proper bucket seats though, quite comfortably...I'm not exactly 'fat'...but very far from slim.

I need to try them, I think.

I'm in Elgin Glen, if that is any use, just got my new S3 with the buckets, welcome to try them if you fancy.

cheers col

Ahh...cheers col.
I'm offshore for the next 2 weeks, but if I can't find someone more local to Ellon/Aberdeen, I'll give you a shout and pop up. Thanks.

Are you planning to buy an S3 Glen?! :)

Not necessarily...
There are other cars in the 'group' that have those seats as an option!

I'm just not sure the incompetents at the factory can build them quick enough to stop me getting fed up though...

I may have to slum it and go for another S3. :moa:

Thats me out.....6'.4" @ 130kg......but come the new year a diet will be in order i think :yes:
Whats all this Kg rubbish anyway ?? this is the UK !

Thats me out.....6'.4" @ 130kg......but come the new year a diet will be in order i think :yes:
Whats all this Kg rubbish anyway ?? this is the UK !

Putting your weight in kg makes you sound less of a fatty. If you said "20 stone" out loud you might weep a bit.

I'm fortunate in being 6ft 4" or should that be 190cm ?, i sort of still look in proportion...:)

if it helps im 6"2 got 38 " waist and they fit me snug but its a good reason to go gym in the new year:yes:

if it helps im 6"2 got 38 " waist and they fit me snug but its a good reason to go gym in the new year:yes:

About the same as me then...38-39" waist.

Are you wide accross the shoulders?

I am...and the Porsche 'Sports' seats pushed my shoulders forwards meaning my spine was not supported - so they were out for that reason. I don't recall the RS4 style seats doing that though.

thats what the handle above you head is for, just need some upper body strength LOL.

I'd struggle to see you enjoy an S3 with having owned that porsche Glen!

I'd struggle to see you enjoy an S3 with having owned that porsche Glen!

I'd enjoy it in a different way!
Having a fantastic car that you can't use very often (too impractical, too low, too much fear of leaving it anywhere, too much resentment from others etc) is all very well...but you end up running about in a cheap car you don't like driving whilst the other car sits in the garage, costing a fortune and depreciating like there is no tomorrow.

When I had my S3, I wanted something special for the weekends...having been there, I now want something good to drive everyday!

My S3 was great at doing everything well...maybe time for another.
It'll never be as good as the 911 for the 1 day a month when I drove it properly...but it'll be a damn site better as a daily (and fluid tight too, i'd expect!).

I thought you was a golf man ess you used to say they were better than s3 at driving handling etc... Whats' changed ??

2nd hand R32's are quite cheep now ive seen some nice one's going for 10 grand ?

I thought you was a golf man ess you used to say they were better than s3 at driving handling etc... Whats' changed ??

I would prefer a Golf GTI.
But can't get one...VW seem to be employing one man to build all cars at the moment!

If I can't get my first choice...I may have to look at alternatives - and the S3 would be a nice 2nd choice.

I prefer the GTI to drive...more fun perhaps...the S3 is almost too efficient!

2nd hand R32's are quite cheep now ive seen some nice one's going for 10 grand ?

I wouldn't have anything with that boat anchor in the engine bay.
So that's the R32 out.

Hi Glen, PM me your details and I'll give you a shout for a seat in my buckets. I'm out of the country right now, but back early next week.

Gents,
Would you say that the bucket seats are comfortable enough for long runs ? I am thinking of them for spec on my S3 SP BE when i get back into the country soon and get it ordered. I do a lot of running up and down to Aberdeen from Glasgow and normally do the round trip in a oner so its about a 6 hour sitting normally.
I am not convinced that any of the dealerships I am going to order from will have a demonstrator available with Buckets fitted.
Cheers

Gents,
Would you say that the bucket seats are comfortable enough for long runs ? I am thinking of them for spec on my S3 SP BE when i get back into the country soon and get it ordered. I do a lot of running up and down to Aberdeen from Glasgow and normally do the round trip in a oner so its about a 6 hour sitting normally.
I am not convinced that any of the dealerships I am going to order from will have a demonstrator available with Buckets fitted.
Cheers

I find the buckets very comfortable. Just a pain to get in and out of if you want to try and preserve the look of them. Even if you are careful you will find they crease VERY easy

Thanks for the feedback Mac,
Yes I think that is the problem with the high side bolsters on any bucket / sports seats, they tend to start to look "used" within a short time. I am pretty sure I will go for them. If i remember right it is optional to have them embossed ?

i would deffo have the buckets the oem S3 seats are not too good , just need to roll in and out of the buckets to preserve them but apart from that they are the dogs boll"£$%

Thanks for the feedback Mac,
Yes I think that is the problem with the high side bolsters on any bucket / sports seats, they tend to start to look "used" within a short time. I am pretty sure I will go for them. If i remember right it is optional to have them embossed ?

Is it? Do you mean embossed with the logo, or embossed inserts like the standard seats?

Im in Newmachar mate, if you still need a 'go' in them give me a shout...

Kev

:bye:

I find the buckets ok on a long run. They were a bit of a pain to get used to initially, I found the bolster dug in my leg and it felt like my leg was bruised. After a werk or so I settled down, so either I got used to it or tge seats gave a bit
I wouldnt change them though, worth every penny IMO

Thanks for your feedback gents, will definitely go for them for my new order. Too special not too. Plus I am just a wee slip of a thing at 73kilo's :o.k:

Glen, I'm back in the 'Deen the morn, so give me a shout. Kev, if it's easier for Glen to meet you then cool. Not meaning to be a tnuc, but if Glen "concerned" about fit-ability, then my S3 going back for a trade in in March for a replacement car, so a "trial fit" not a wear and tear concern for me.

Sorry if I'm presuming or insulting anyone here, but there it is.

Just landed in UK, well gone on the whisky, new year just keeps on coming...

Kev, we'll need to get your details for a local meet/RR with S3simon, Japper, Elton, PaulGTi, Gar, Ess_Three, et al in the future.

Sorry for the ramble, peshed and iTwat Phone is not a great combo! Lock and load...

Last edited: