Call of duty world at war

danotto

VAG HUNTER
Reaction score
I bought this game this morning i think its just as good at cod 4 on single player mode if not better,
But still cant get a grasp online dont get me wrong it is really good online but im still in favour of cod4 online,maybe time will change my mind,

Whats your thoughts ?

COD 4 tis good but I have the WAW and am going to rank up and see how the hardcore is.
very dark some of it...I like the german v ruskis

yeah i still cant get the fact the on multiplayer the german voice has a hint of borat to it though,lol.im rank 10 at the moment,

voorhees, i also find some of it very dark and then others almost to colourfull,strange.
i had mixed feelings, but i think if 5 was out first then 4 came out we would be having the same chats, i guess its what we get used to.
finding it hard to know where i am, maps seem alot bigger, not alot of game options on hardcore.
i thought id done well at getting to rank 26 already, till i noticed several people on there that have already been round and are on 40+ again.

hmmmmm, im thinking about this one..... doesnt appear good enough to buy yet.... personally i can relate to the modern warfare better as its more relevant with the world now.... although open to the new version if i se enough good reviews on it

Ha, got this over the weekend, will give it a blast in a bit, as havent had a chance yet....going to enjoy it even more as i got the game for free....woohoo!!!

I'm on nights so might just have another little play

I am a bit of a purist and must say the 1st 2 were the best, not the smoothest gameplay but the most playable.

Wll i got some HMV vouchers for my bday from work a while ago, and took my sis in law who gets NUS discount, so from my £35 voucher, i ended up getting the game for something like £34...woohoo!!!

thought you were gonna sprout a friend in the gaming industry..... loser lol

I was sad enough to queue in Asda the other night went on sale at 00:01
by the time I had got to the front only 8 ps3 copies left out of 100 and 16 left out of 150 for xbox. Only cost 27 quid though. Get innnn.

yup asda are dirt cheap, i got a copy for £27 aswell, also got pro evo 2009 for £24 when it came out.

LOL....

I was going to go Asda as well, i rang them at 10pm and they said that there was people queuing there already, so i thought forget it!! Couldnt be bothered to do the waiting in the cold.....for a game!!!

Pro Evo is suppposed to be £25 at Game at the mo!!

so whats the current verdict when compared to COD4? im seeing loads of my mates online with world at war.....sooo curious but hesitant until i KNOW its a better game

I beginning to think its crap,the spawning is hilarious.COD 4 now and again you'd spawn by an enemy but WAW is ludicrous.
not sure whether the server aren't up to it as when playing hardcore its not one shot kill.
zombies bit is good though.

not sure whether the server aren't up to it as when playing hardcore its not one shot kill.
zombies bit is good though.

totally agree, its almost as if the cheats are allready about, sometimes unloading nearly a full mag into someone then they turn and kill me straight away.
and whats the deal at the end of every game with the server time out.
im starting to find it anouying now and leaning towards a decision that cod4 was better.

It is a good game and im loving the Zombie bit....actually quite scary, when its LOUD!!

I was playing it and a zombie managed to get in the room without me knowing and I nearly had a heart attack when I turned round!

Liking COD WAW - we're on it most nights (after 8pm - green card permitting :eyebrows:) - 4 or 5 of us playing small maps 1 on 1 deathmatch, lots of colourful language and banter!

Drop me a friend request to 'Superjetjim' and we'll meet up!..

Jim

Yea those zombies are pretty amazing, having the ability to walk through walls!!!

A Jase said, when they sneak up on you, BOO!!!!!

so where is the zombie bit is it after you complete the single player game.
Online is good but more negatives than positives

Negatives: spawning /some of the maps are awful like dome and asylum,guns arent as good,and servers are slow.

but ill still play it.
it seems like ive played it loads yet im still only on level 29

Dan you have to complete the game then choose a mission i think on single player and its right at the bottom, thing it has a german name to it...

ooooh im still after my gold COD4 star.....not sold on WAW yet

Jim ill add ya mate....Timffy

sooooo the misus thought it would be a good idea to buy me this for xmas..... woah, better than i thought!! bit dark though, easier for sitters to erm 'sit'...but glad they didnt mess with the controls

yup Jas:)...havent seen you in a while mate, must keep missing ya

yeah Nil, although came so close to buying a PS3 today for the living room....really feeling the blu ray at the moment (from what i read ps3 is still one of the best blu ray players out there), only thing that stopped me is that i have a 1080i Tv and not the 1080P so wouldnt really see the benefit

Mate, even if you have a 1080i, you will reap the benefits, thats what I have and it still looks amazing!!!

Especially watching animation eg Toy Story, Kung Fu Panda, tthe picture quality is simply outstanding......Go out and get one, it will be worth it.

cheers mate, i'll keep my eye out for a cheap one.... saw one at meadowhall Zavvi (who are in administration) for £269 inc two games 80gb version!! from what i have seen that is really cheap....they have run out though so i'll wait till i see another.... hate paying top dollar when you know they can do better

oh and ive been politely informed that the misus is claiming the ps3 as her games console whilst i play cod on the xbox haha

just been around my mates and he has the Puss 3 and have to admit it was very good and that blu ray is the bees knees

i did a lot of research before i got the xbox...theres not a lot in it between the ps3 and the xbox....one can do what the other cant and vice versa if you like the in depth stuff....ps3 does win with built in wireless and blu ray..... i just managed to get a wireless adaptor for my xbox for £35....i refused to pay £55 as it was silly money for what it is!!..... that said im glad ive got the xbox for gaming... just want the ps3 as its the best blu ray player for the £300 mark...and you get a games console too!! bonus

yes the built in wireless and wireless controller come with the console which makes the xbox seem expensive

it does, i have the elite version, 2 pads and 2 bat packs with usb charger, wireless and remote..... stands me at nearly £400....yes it has 120gb hard drive which will be bigger than ps3... in terms of useability the ps3 is the wise choice, even though the elites have come down - having said that there cant be much in it though, Sony's are renound for being expensive for ancillaries

if the xbox had blu ray it would be loads better, saw the HD drives for the xbox being sold off at game, £110 when HD DVD was being used, now £10 as blu ray has kicked HDDVD out of the water

My copy should be landing tomorrow!

See you lot on the rubble!