Call of Duty - Lag Compensation

Alex C

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about this or heard of it? I have heard that it started on black ops and continues in the MW3.

It basically attempts to correct for gamer ping/latency and tries to level everyone out in terms of connection speed. However i have heard that on Black Ops and MW3 it has been done to the extent of penalising those with good connections and if you are the host of a game you are now actually at a disadvantage....

All i know is that in COD4:MW1 my K:D ratio was 2.2+ and in COD5:WAW i had my K:D at 2.5+ and then COD6:Black-Ops my K:D was only 1.4 and now in COD7:MW3 it 1.1.

Typical symptoms of lag compensation "how the **** did he shoot me he wasnt even facing me!" or "I shot him first!" or "I emptied a whole clip into his back and he turned around and shot me once with a pistol!" or "he shot me before he got around the corner!"

.....familiar?

Some stuff i found

https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Source_Multiplayer_Networking#Lag_compensation
‘Modern Warfare 3′ lag issues persist despite new patch | MyCE – My Consumer Electronics
Call of Duty Community: PLEASE SIGN HERE IF YOU FEEL FREQUENTLY HANDICAPPED BY LAG COMPENSATION

Last edited:
All to familiar mate unfortunately! Gone from a 1.78 kd to 1.24 kd for no apparent reason, same gun loadout etc

So did theys links helped to someone to reduce lag?

just not as good as you used to be i think..!!?? :gun2: lol

haha only joking yeah mine does that aswell, i was playing it this morning and a guy appeared from around a corner on resistence map and i was dead litterally the split second he came into picture...... i thought to myself how could you even know where i was..... got frustrated and turned it off!!!