Call of duty 4

voorhees

Staff member
Reaction score
played the demo on my mates pc and it seemed very good
getting it for my 360 on the 9th

Ahh wicked. A friend of mine keeps ranting on about this too...

Must have to see if I can get hold of the demo :)

Was thinking of getting it, but it's so similar to BF2142 with the obvious timeframe differences (i.e. present vs future) not sure whether it's worth it or not...?

i'm playing cod4 alot.. it's addictive.. and you get some cool guns...

very limited controls in comparison to Rainbow 6 etc but well worth a play..... the graphics are amazin..... drawback being the usual call of duty style, where you are led through different stages...... Live, this game is fantastic!!! one of the best ive played

tim

I must admit I get bloodlust on this online

I must admit I still prefer the simplicity of call of duty 2.
Mike :)

this was the first game i bought this weekend after i built my new gaming pc, and love.

ive finished the single player stages, but then as said you are led through them a bit.

but online it the dogs nuts, pehaps we should get a game going if we have enough people playing it

got it on the 360 and have to say I give it a double thumbs up!:icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

fast gameplay, great graphics, so much fun looking down the crosshairs of the rifle or using the red dot scope. Turned off the aiming assist and found it easier.

Not played on live yet, lookin forward to that.

cooky

Try hardcore,you have no map display (unless if one of your team gets a UAV) and you can have a blue on blue which makes it a lot harder,and it takes very few shots to kill opponents

I have it on the x360 but found the last couple of days xbox live has been playing up.:crying:

Mike:gun2:

mikey_abz said:
I have it on the x360 but found the last couple of days xbox live has been playing up.:crying:

Mike:gun2:
Exactly the same here,it seems to go tits up when our cousins across the pond start joining up

Yeah, I'm loving the this during multiplayer action at the moment.

I am, however, not loving Live. ****** Micro$oft!

lads set up a agame, i should be getting this on wednesday hopefully, never played it in my life tho

Brilliant game online, just a ****** shame XBOX Live is very laggy and unreliable at the moment.

If you ever bump into a dude called SouL DeStRoYinG watch ya back! I never finish outside the top 3 MVPs :p

Kill stats as of 00:50am
Rank 60003 (not bad for casual play)
12349 Kills
7300 Deaths
1.69 Ratio and a streak of 22, would probably be more if I didnt play ground war so much.

Ive always had the call of dutys on My pc. one of the best games out there but they should make the damn singleplayer game alot longer.I cleaned it up in a total of 8hrs,Could have easily done it quicker!!

But the online play is fantastic,Soooo addictive and its always a challenge as you build up ranks.

Theres about 8 of us so we always get in a room and shoot the **** out of each other..

Graphics are brilliant and the xbox live is excellent! Never had any lag problems with it though!?

I'd be up for a deathmatch on the ol 360 if anyone's interested.....

Lets get a game going, add Diawan and me and my friend will play a team deathmatch or something. We're just like SAS online, all you hear is "cover me!" "sniper!" awesome game lol.

This game is the best shooter on the 360. I played hours, probably days on line of Gears of War but this is faster, better, more fun.

I find that getting on games is a nightmare about 9pm UK time - 11 pm. Must be the yanks, getting out of school or work and slowing it all down.

Multiplayer is awesome, especially how you unlock things, perks, weapon mods, get higher ranks the more you play. Very cool, this will be my online game of 2008, gonna take ages to get to General (rank 55), am only rank 27 at the moment.

Highly recommend this game to anyone who likes shooter games. I've never played COD series before but am well into it. Never seen a game which has got so much praise.

Cooky

john_cook said:
I find that getting on games is a nightmare about 9pm UK time - 11 pm. Must be the yanks, getting out of school or work and slowing it all down.

Cooky

Yeah the yanks come online at around 4pm east coast time which equates to 9 over here. Wish MS would sort out the database for Windows ID, which every Xbox live user uses, Peeps registering their Windows, Zunes etc etc. Over Xmas the system was overloaded and the actual user count for COD 4 online was just over 30000 peeps.

I'm in prestige mode on about level 25 third time

yeah i have it on the ps3 online is awesome got a few mates on it online which is a laugh,if anyone has this also on ps3 and wants to play online pm me for my ps3 online id.

awsome game i love the online bit, altough im still not too good at it. got it on ps3.

if anyone wants to add me im tmint on there, anyone wanna set up an audi-sport.net clan?

Okies when we gonna get a game going, PM me and we;'ll get sumat sorted..... game tag below:icon_thumright:

hector-8 on PA3

this game is the beat iv ever played,offline its far too short, then i realised thats probably only 10 % complete before you start online!

tags below for 360's users! (soz if I've missed anyone)

How do you set up an audi-sport.net clan and can other platforms be added?

--------------XBOX360
Rich32uk - Tobi32uk
1animal1 - Timffy
Tmint - Tmint
TheSpaceCowboy - Diawan

just add AS.NET in the clantag bit......whos keen?

sign me up fella..... will add gamer tags when im on next, probably monday or tues....shes hogging the tv at the minute with the god damn Wii lol, gonna get her another for the spare room so she can ''swing'' to her hearts content

I am all for joining the AS.Net clan, do I just have to type it in or do i have to be invited? been playing headquarters lately to get my rank up, always seem to get connection error tho which is really annoying. my gamer tag is Spamburg

What night/s do we want a big barney then? :gun2:

OK guys add me
jeffers999 - jeffers999

Rich32uk - Tobi32uk
1animal1 - Timffy

Tmint - Tmint
TheSpaceCowboy - Diawan

get a game going one day this week ???

Can not agree more, bought COD4 a few weeks ago and been getting right stuck in online deathmatch.. Maybe even the odd ground war, full 18 players running lose! :)

I have issues with campers! ;)

gamer tag : JAMpublic360

Ok guys?

Well I did buy it and am enjoying it more than BF2142. Yes the single player offline game is ok but defo too short. But the whole point is online fun, like BF2142, which is only online gaming.

I got promoted last night to Major II (Lvl 36) , now en route to Lt Col. Keeps you really addicted with the relatively quick promotions and unlocks/perks/challenges available. Think I got the red dot sight for the shotgun last night and had a quick go on 'Free for All - Pipeline' = Great!

Can I just say what a blast Free for All - Shipment is ? Jeez, first time I played that I didn't have a clue what the hell was going on!! One FCUKED UP mess...

I play on PC using the tag "BadMutha" !

I'm now concentrating on the challenges rather than just getting promotions however they come. Makes it a bit harder...

I play most evenings, and would love to KICK ***, with some ASN players? I'll play any match, but prefer to respawn multiple times per round? Having to respawn (alot) you see...!

PC Gamers let me know what night/time you fancy it? How about tonight ?

Yours...
BadMutha
Major II

If anyone knows of any PC servers that rotate games styles rather than fixed to one game style please could you let me know the name of the servers please. I only know of one and its hardcore only, there used to be a few but they have dissapeared. Thanks

Got promoted last night to LT. COLONEL, with the G36C unlock. Nice weapon. One of favs...

completed this 4 times now, on every difficulty, I like the timed bonus epilogue.
Wasn't sure where to shoot, popped one in his leg then double tap to the head, nice.

The only thing that narks me is that you cant kill zachayev with the .50 cal.
I know I got a perfect shot into his head (months of playing sniper elite) and all it did was blew his arm off, an alternate ending would have been nice.

A4Quattro said:
I know I got a perfect shot into his head (months of playing sniper elite) and all it did was blew his arm off, an alternate ending would have been nice.

Yeah that is strange, you take the head shot! See him go down and then they tell you that you blew his arm off!! :think:

So did 360's boys get a game together yet?

JAMpublic360

A4Quattro said:
Single player would be even shorter seeing as yer man is behind all the action being created so as soon as you kill him it'd be the end

What night is the AS.net members ready for action?