Calipers colour

What ever colour you think would suit it as its your car after all.

What's the best caliper colour for a red car? :)
Hi mate, I'm doing my calipers next! Going for black calipers with S-Line decals, silver for hubs and guards. Black and silver smooth hammerite paint is supposed to be the best for the job!!:)

Reactions: AU11 ALS
Might get flamed for this but was gona go for something a bit more daring than silver and black lol

What about purple or even yellow! .. I think black cailpers and silver hubs would match well with the alloy colour!

Reactions: V6 Quatt
I don't get painting brake components SILVER , it's senseless , they are going to turn black/brown from brake dust.

Paint brake components with something that will hide it.

Paint them , black , dark grey , gunmetal , anthracite , or bronze .

I don't get painting brake components SILVER , it's senseless , they are going to turn black/brown from brake dust.

Paint brake components with something that will hide it.

Paint them , black , dark grey , gunmetal , anthracite , or bronze .

The advantage of painting is that if you treat afterwards a quick blast with a pressure washer and they look almost as good as new and with a little more care they can look like new. Therefore any colour of the rainbow is out there to be experimented with!

Although I did okay safe and go black! Silver is def the right colour for the disk protectors imo tho

Car020 1

See how all the silver caliper and disc gaurd distracts from the design of the wheel .

Painting brake parts black or a dark colour would make the attractive silver alloy wheel stand out more.

Brake parts that aren't attractive in the 1st place will get highlighted by silver and distract.

I'm all for decent calipers Brembo etc being painted lighter colours.

Reactions: R88RYY KING and Scottyg
Just thought a bit more about this, think I will go with black calipers and black on the disc guards, silver on the hubs which should flow next to the wheel but not distract from the wheel itself as it would if disc guards were silver! Thanks for the tips there guys!!:):)

Reactions: mike60e, matty a3, Point_Audi and 1 other person
Just thought a bit more about this, think I will go with black calipers and black on the disc guards, silver on the hubs which should flow next to the wheel but not distract from the wheel itself as it would if disc guards were silver! Thanks for the tips there guys!!:):)

Sounds a plan! Look forward to seeing the results

Sounds good, my Dad went for that colour combination on his Audi!

Black on mine also!

Reactions: Scottyg and mike60e
i was thinking of going gold calipers and silver back plates as this will give it the oem look and not a chavy halfords look

Just give them a fresh coat then!

Well its black for me and getting done tomorrow at paint shop, only question will be will i fit the quattro or audi decals???