caliper retaining springs

marknjayne

Reaction score
anyone know a cheaper place to get these other than audi themselves,almost £30 each for a bit of tin is horrendous

S3 ones are 8P0 615 269 @ £28.45 each.

Golf R ones are 1K0 615 269 B @ £32.81 each.

I'd also like to know this! Want the R ones if I could get them cheap

A bit of tin that actually is part of the working brake system, so for me its definitely in anyone's interest to get genuine, not that I know alternative supplier tbh & lets be honest £30 isnt a patch on the cost of fuelling your cars everyday, unfortunately this is the cost of running these cars, stump up your money & accept its an expense as how often do you need to replace them, imho never as they're fairly solid items as I have both on our cars.

fella its £30 each,not a pair ,and who said i did not want genuine,in fact you cant even buy non genuine,and also,i can afford to run my car,easily but i refuse to be ripped off

So you wouldnt call the fuel price atm a complete rip off then, but you still pay it, why, cause you have too, otherwise you cant run your affordable car, for me you're being tight for something thats clearly detrimental for the brake system to function properly, they're £30 each for a reason, they do a good job to hold the calipers in place properly, so for me you have no choice, its also a no brainer.

All IMHO of course :)

mate,i have standard A3 3.2 caliper springs,i want either S3 or Golf R springs to make the caliper look a bit better thats all,i dont think you have the right end of the stick,and whats it got to do with fuel??

do you really think a small piece of tin and a small spring is worth £30+

i dont

just to compare,the A3 3.2 (with no logo ) is £3

stick a small bit of tin with a logo on it and it goes up almost £30

Im gonna fork out for the R's I think :/

deffo make an improvement but in about 6 months im upgrading the brakes anyway to something like K-Sports so i dont want to be paying £65 for these in the meantime,i would not mind paying £30 for a pair but not £65

Where can I buy this online? Please help. I need it, and I can't buy it in my country at the dealers, they don't have it in stock, not even in the factory, they have to manufacture it in the factory, and I don't want to wait a couple of months for this process to finish. So, please if someone knows a dealer that might have this in stock that has a web shop with international shipping or an ebay seller I would be much obliged.. 8P0Bremsen

Got a set of rline ones would swap fir s3 ones if anyone fancies the rlines

They have it at Stoke Audi parts, it costs 27,98£ each, that's ok, but the shipping to Croatia with FedEx is 73£????? Wich is 128,96£ all together. That's really too much, and FedEx is the only option that it gives me, no Royal Mail, just FedEx. That's really too much for 2 items that together weigh 140 grams and can be sent in an envelope. I've sent them an email with an inquiry for a less expensive shipping, but I don't have high expectations..