caliper colour???

A3tell

Reaction score
HELP!!! hi guys.....
this may sound like a simple question, but i really cant decide!!!! i want to refurb and paint my calipers, but cant really decide wot to go for..... i have a metalic dark green a3, and was originally looking at doing black with white decal stickers, but think that will be too dark, maybe gold with black decal???? any advise???:ermm:

dont do gold, will look a bit weird, yellow maybe, but i think ur best off going for black, green is a hard colour and green calipers will not look right! black or even silver, if you go to the a3 8L section and see what people on there say!

i have a black a3 8p and was thinking of doing my calipers skoda vrs green

what do ya think

ask someone on here to do a photoshop for you! any colour on a black car will look nice. you thought about red, yellow or blue? or even white, bit different!

red on grey a3:)
red2.jpg

im going to second black, especially on a green car

img1441.jpg

this is mine with blue calipers, goes well with the car i think and is a bit different!

id satin black hamerite engine paint them, it takes high temp so could go on the brake calipers gloss black will look a bit cheap matt to dull so satin black with decal will look nice ive got mine in red at the mo but gona change em to satin black with sline decal will look oem and classy imo...

as soon as i get the stickers then il post some pics .....

easiest way to do it, by hand. i done my first one by taking off alloy and taking caliper off but this was very tricky as i couldnt get caliper back on. i then took alloy off and the retaining clip (front only). if you buy then caliper painting kit you get a hardener with it and after about 24 hours it should be like a rock, but your also meant to leave the car 24 to dry

i took my alloys off one by one took the clips off which are a bit of a pain to get back on paint one caliper 30 min later put the clip back on there was a little bit of wiping on the clip but nothing major done this with all four wheels took me about 2 hours then went on the motorway done some hard driving so the calipers were hot hot hot lol got back touched them solid as a rock .....