1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Caliper colour?

glenandem Aug 8, 2018

1. glenandem

glenandem Active Member

Should I do red or black.
    Sometimes I think red is abit chav while black is subtle!
    0FE957B2-F8E9-439C-8512-663087F247A0.jpeg

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. inflyte21

inflyte21 New Member

I would consider yellow as an option as well. Gives the car a nice contrast!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

glenandem likes this.
  4. Buxton2901

Buxton2901 Well-Known Member

Red. Doing mine red soon

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

glenandem likes this.
  5. mrtlt

mrtlt New Member

How about a nice silver / gun metal colour something different which will still stand out, maybe get some S caliper decals.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

CHEZ and glenandem like this.
  6. kettle

kettle Audi S4

Black... no point doing red unless you have calipers you want people to see :blush:
    Also are those 20's? they look big

glenandem likes this.
  7. glenandem

glenandem Active Member

Cheers guys yes they’re 20 inch reps pal, the slightly more curved spoke version.
    That’s what I was thinking if I paint them red they stand out more and they’re not exactly brembo’s!!

8. Buxton2901

Buxton2901 Well-Known Member

Mine is a 3.0 bitdi and the brake calipers are huge and I think they look good painted to start out but each to their own I suppose

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

glenandem likes this.
  9. Seanchadwick2k3

Seanchadwick2k3 Audi A6 C6 2.0tdi 2011 Sline Special Edition Audi A6 S-line owners group Le Mans Edition

Asking myself the same questions at the minute, mine is Monza and wheels are like a gun metal colour with standard calipers.

I do like how red looks but as you say they aren't brembos. Yellow I think would also look good but I can't decide!

glenandem likes this.
  10. Seanchadwick2k3

Seanchadwick2k3 Audi A6 C6 2.0tdi 2011 Sline Special Edition Audi A6 S-line owners group Le Mans Edition

I'm tempted to get some coloured card I can cut to size and stick behind the wheels

glenandem likes this.
  11. JLX

JLX Member

Did mine silver but when I haven't cleaned the car for a while and there is brake-dust build-up they go gun metal and look much better so would go dark grey metallic like if I was to do them again.

[​IMG]

voorhees, q5man, mrtlt and 1 other person like this.
  12. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

13. Cerbera9

Cerbera9 Active Member

I wanted the subtle look so went for Black with RS logos........I have RS 6pot calipers.
    Silver looks very much OE the same with a gunmetal colour.

Personally think yellow I think looks naff and screams look at me I'm pretending I have ceramic brakes. Also looks terrible once they have brake dust on them.
    I think red looks good depending on car colour and can tie in nicely with the S4 and supercharge badges.
    What about a metallic Bronze colour?
    DD002091-0AD3-4B4A-AB14-4580CA1861EE.jpeg

14. glenandem

glenandem Active Member

i like your black pal, im getting the wheels refurbed next year and think im gonna get them done in anthracite so black will be subtle and clean, wouldnt mind some small s line stickers though.
    are they off ebay and do they stick to the calipers ok

15. Cerbera9

Cerbera9 Active Member

Yes brake calipers decals off eBay however I lacquered over the decals so they don’t wear or peal off

16. q5man

q5man Mythos Appreciator Team Mythos TFSI Owners Group Gold Supporter quattro Audi Q5

LOVE the alloys, are these OEM?

17. JLX

JLX Member

Thanks, no they are aftermarkets, Dare DR-X2s.

q5man likes this.
  18. Dags

Dags New Member

Where did you get the calipers (or the covers) from in the first place 'cause they look great.

19. Cerbera9

Cerbera9 Active Member

Calipers covers????

They are genuine Audi Brembo 6pots, mine can from an S8 but they are he same calipers fitted to the C6 RS6, they were for sale on eBay.

q5man likes this.