Cai fitting after remap

tku

Reaction score
Ok this one is for the seasoned tuners out there! Car is S3 and has been mapped..just bought a cai and was wondering if it's ok to just fit it and carry on as normal with the extra power or would I need to get the map tweaked in any way...it's only on a stage 1. Just wanted the peace of mind as I don't want to lose any power in anyway or confuse the map. No other mods I.e fuel pump etc. Cheers.

I did mine this way around and it's fine the map will adjust.

My map made just over 300 bhp then a week later had my Itg fitted and another RR and final figure is 339 bhp.

Hope this helps.

Nige

Ok this one is for the seasoned tuners out there! Car is S3 and has been mapped..just bought a cai and was wondering if it's ok to just fit it and carry on as normal with the extra power or would I need to get the map tweaked in any way...it's only on a stage 1. Just wanted the peace of mind as I don't want to lose any power in anyway or confuse the map. No other mods I.e fuel pump etc. Cheers.

As below,I don't think you'll need to make any adjustments,but as you move up to Stage 2 or 2+,it's worth getting the car on a rolling road,and having it set up properly,if you want to get the best out of it.

Cheers folks!