Cabriolet plastic roof box

Heights

German Whip...
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Fitted my coilovers today and whilst loading the boot with all the old suspension parts i pulled the plastic roof box handle across to raise it up to give me more space not remembering that the roof was down!!!!! This resulted in me snapping something within the handle, now the handle doesn't work the box up and down. Maybe a wire or something has broke??? Has anyone had this problem??? If so help and advice would be appreciated.

Cheers

hi mate, it works on a wire/cable system like breaks on a push bike if ya like, i guess if somethings snapped then it will possibly be the housing/ locator for the cable end that attaches to the handle.

Yea thought it would be something along those lines lea, i'll have to look into it in the week. Nightmare fitting the coilovers yesterday lol the ****** car locked itself with the keys in the ignition. It was lucky that the boot was open and the ignition was on, i had to lean through the ski hatch with a thin bent pole and open the roof via the switch on centre console.lol lol

20's will be on next week so i'll get some pictures up.

Cheers Karl

So u shut the boot on yourself whist opening the roof? Lol. Your cab sounds sexy! Coilovers, 20s, damnn!

I do think cabs are abit high compared to the BMW coupes and cabs, so I'm very interested in seeing pics of your ride.

Good work mate!

No just the plastic box inside the boot, i snapped the handle, the roof was down. I'll get the pics up asap.