Cables attached to green arms

Ste1982davis

Reaction score
Hi, im wondering if someone could shed some light on something for me please? I have been hearing a slight knocking noise from the rear of the car for a couple of days now, i have asked a friend to have a look and listen and all he could see and hear was a small green arms/ actuators on either side of the rear end and looks like its connected to cables but doesnt know what they're for? could someone help me please? Thank you in advance

Suspension level sensors. Mainly used if you have Mag Ride but also used for headlamp levelling

Hi, im wondering if someone could shed some light on something for me please? I have been hearing a slight knocking noise from the rear of the car for a couple of days now, i have asked a friend to have a look and listen and all he could see and hear was a small green arms/ actuators on either side of the rear end and looks like its connected to cables but doesnt know what they're for? could someone help me please? Thank you in advance

Level sensors for the Magride / headlight systems etc.

Re: knocking from the rear, if it’s a PFL car has it had the replacement top mounts at the rear ? There was a TPI for these in 2016 when owners reported knocking going over bumps etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As above, levelling sensors that are used for lights & magride, given rear has both, I assume it has magride fitted as usually each corner has 1 for mag & just lights has 1 rear 1 front on passenger sides.

On some chassis they fitted just 1 for lights on rear passenger side, which I only learned months ago, threw me tbh as never seen just 1 for levelling but makes sense.

Thanks for the replies guys, yea mine has 1 on each side i did wonder what they were for. I don't think its had any mounts changed is it something Audi would be able to tell me over the phone?