Cabin filter & Air filter - service intervals are too long.

WesT-gefül

Reaction score
I changed both these filters at a Oil change, the major service was not due as yet. This was on my 16 Plate at 28k miles. I’ve been having misted up windows the last month and I knew it was a symptom of a dirty cabin filter. Bare in mind this is a activated carbon filter so it will look dark on the one side. The photo is taken on the side that should be white.

2805f6a87038527acef2feb269ad93dc.jpg

c1d32bbee2913697e016ceccd6ab487c.jpg

5a503bcac7c6e724d02063888ca5d9d4.jpg

I also replaced the Air filter, although I don’t have a photo of it, but it was also way too dirty. Change these more often.

My cabin was changed at the two year service, can't say though that my windscreen was misting up any worse before though...

Right up against the firewall basically. You have to remove a plastic cover and then two screws on the end of the cap that holds the filter. Unclip carefully. Look which way you take it out as its directional (the air flow).

Thanks, is that what I'd call the "plenum chamber"? Similar to the B8 - B8 is all I can find on Google, etc

Reactions: WesT-gefül
Correct. I looked in the manual provided with the filter. Not easy to get too I was told.

Reactions: BigAardvaark
Definitely. You need a set of Torx bits. Can’t remember the size that was used. Not sure which T it was but fairly small. You’d think they’d just use Phillips screws but no.

Reactions: BigAardvaark