Cabin blower flap

Langsam

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm really hoping someone can help me solve an issue my car has had for the last few years now.

As soon as there is a change in temperature, humidity, or even people in my car the windows mist up.
I've cleaned all the windows multiple times with different products.
I've checked everywhere for leaks inside the car and nothing. This issue is really annoying, I thought I would take the pollen filter out to aid cooler air to get into the cabin. This didn't do anything but I then noticed when refitting the pollen filter that flap that allows air isn't opening, when I open the flap with my fingers there's a rush of air. I've also noticed that even when the settings are set to low temp it isn't. The top flap opens but you can see below where I have had to move this other flap.

Has anyone had this issue before?

Thanks and sorry for the rant.

Attachments

• 20211020_200157.jpg
    20211020_200157.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 89
Trying to recall my S3 8L, but are you keeping the climate on recirc all the time?

I'm just investigating further what's happening and I think the car is in permanent recirc, it doesn't matter what buttons I press it seems to be in permanent recirc.

I've done some more digging on the Internet and have found a similar problem on a b5.5 thread.

I've taken the advice off the forum I've linked above and slightly pushed the flap down. And now my car doesn't steam up even with two people and a boot full of shopping.

praise the car Lords!