C8 55 TFSI

Mkay315

Reaction score
Hello All

I thought I'd create a post for the 55 TFSI. Does anyone have one. If you do what's the average MPG you're getting out of it and how reliable has your C8 been?

This may be my next car I'm looking to get maybe in the next few years once I'm done with my A4 (coming later on this year )

Many thanks

I have the 45, I did look at the 55 but for the extra 10 grand it didn't seem worth it. I am not trying to put you off in anyway just wasn't for me. In terms of the interior it will be the same nearly s mine. I went for so many options that I probably shouldn't but it is a great place to be.

Reactions: Mkay315
I own a C8 55 TSFI, what questions did you have ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have the 45, I did look at the 55 but for the extra 10 grand it didn't seem worth it. I am not trying to put you off in anyway just wasn't for me. In terms of the interior it will be the same nearly s mine. I went for so many options that I probably shouldn't but it is a great place to be.
Oh I see. Thank you for that.

I own a C8 55 TSFI, what questions did you have ?

Is the 55 TFSI worth having and is there any potential issues to look for. I was so close to getting an A4 TFSI but looking at the A6 55 TFSI I'm thinking to bypass the A4 and get the A6 instead but I just wanted to hear people's thoughts on this and especially with people going for electric cars I would like to have the C8 before the big move to electric.

I wanted a more reliable engine without having to go big powered. I didn’t need RS6 mobility yet I found that the 45 struggled with the weight of an A6.

I wanted a more reliable engine without having to go big powered. I didn’t need RS6 mobility yet I found that the 45 struggled with the weight of an A6.

Oh I see. So would you say the 55 tfsi handles well on the road

Reactions: DRkNESS
Most definitely and I’m feeling with the addition of the H&R front and rear swaybars plus slightly wider tires and wheels, it will feel more planted.

Most definitely and I’m feeling with the addition of the H&R front and rear swaybars plus slightly wider tires and wheels, it will feel more planted.

Thank you for this. I even saw a 55 TFSI outside yesterday when doing some shopping and I loved the way it looked. I think it may have been a Black Edition version though as opposed to the S Line. I should be picking up my A4 at some point this year and then in a few years time I'll be hopefully getting the 55 TFSI.

Hi, be interested to know your thoughts on the s-tronic gearbox. I have the 8 speed tiptronic which is great but heard the s-tronic can be slightly jerky at lower speeds ?

What suspension option did you opt for and how do you find it's ride quality ?

Sorry fo all the question.

Cheers

Looking at Auto trader it's proven to be difficult to see any 55 TFSI for sale. I may be co-signed to getting an A4 B9 instead as that's my second choice car. The 45 TFSI felt a bit sluggish when I test drove it previously. Hopefully in a few years I can upgrade to the 55 instead.

Reactions: DRkNESS
I’ve got one on order so will post a little review after a couple of weeks. Going from the 2.0 litre diesel to a 3.0 petrol, should be interesting can’t wait

I’ve got one on order so will post a little review after a couple of weeks. Going from the 2.0 litre diesel to a 3.0 petrol, should be interesting can’t wait
What trim did you get yours in if you don't mind me asking?