1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

C7.5 A6 question about keyless opening

lfcaudi May 29, 2019

1. lfcaudi

lfcaudi New Member

Hi. I just picked up a 2016 A6 but it only came with 1 key. The dealer is getting a second one ordered. The door handles have the little rectangle but I can't open the doors without using the key to remotely open. Should this be working seeing as the rectangle thingy is on the handles and if so, could it be that it only works with a main key and maybe what I have right now is the spare key and keyless entry doesn't work? I just want to check before contacting the dealer again. Thanks

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. Rhyso

Rhyso Well-Known Member

The rectangle is to LOCK the car

To open insert your hand inside the handle and avoid contact with the rectangle :)

Equally is the car fitted with keyless entry as the rectangles are present whether or not the car has keyless.....

4. lfcaudi

lfcaudi New Member

On the first, tried both ways. One the second, good question. Could very well not have it. I just presumed the presence of them meant it was active.

On the key issue, are they all the same or is there a master key with extra functionality? I want to make sure any replacement key is correct and I don't end up with 2 spare keys if you know what I mean.

Thanks

5. B5NUT

B5NUT Well-Known Member TFSI Owners Group VCDS Map User Audi A6 Audi A3 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro S tronic S-line owners group

All the door handle have the same door handle moulding regardless if the car has keyless or not, and from what you have described by opening the car it's not an option fitted to your car.

You should have 3 keys in total, 2 normal keys and a plastic service key.

6. fingermouse

fingermouse thats me

Cant tell the difference between my 2 keys apart from one is set up for my wife for the seat position

7. elan2s

elan2s Active Member

You should get the dealer to remove and then re-add the keys to the car to ensure the missing keys are no longer able to start the car

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Spiedhermonkey likes this.
Tags: