C6 V6 TDI generator + (ALL C6)MMI3G/3G+ conversion

Screw90

Reaction score
Hi,

As some of you done the conversion to MMI3g/3g+ my idea was to collect the info in one topic. I know that some of the stuff is not easy to find online which was also mentioned by others on this forum.

My question is about facelift generator for 2.7/3.0 TDI engines. Due to conversion from 2g to 3g I am having ESP error on the dash as I also upgraded gateway to 20pin one(facelift). BEM is changed, all linked however I had no chance to change generator yet. Sounds silly but I can't find correct part number for FL generator which I need to link with gateway. Can anyone remember/have that knowledge what's the part number?
My car is 06 plate 2.7 TDI V6 (BPP) Q+tip. MMI

I am also able and happy to answer any question about conversion from 2G to 3G if you need help.

Hi,

As some of you done the conversion to MMI3g/3g+ my idea was to collect the info in one topic. I know that some of the stuff is not easy to find online which was also mentioned by others on this forum.

My question is about facelift generator for 2.7/3.0 TDI engines. Due to conversion from 2g to 3g I am having ESP error on the dash as I also upgraded gateway to 20pin one(facelift). BEM is changed, all linked however I had no chance to change generator yet. Sounds silly but I can't find correct part number for FL generator which I need to link with gateway. Can anyone remember/have that knowledge what's the part number?
My car is 06 plate 2.7 TDI V6 (BPP) Q+tip. MMI

I am also able and happy to answer any question about conversion from 2G to 3G if you need help.

Did you convert 3G+ or 3G

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

so surely you will need :

Gateway 4F0910468N or G (Lift 20 pin) . Other ones will not work
5F unit from A5/Q7 (easiest)
FL generator (don't know the number yet):
-old BEM out, new ground cable on + wire from gateway to generator
New ground cable for battery : 8K0915181B

I will update PN once I find everything.
If someone interested about pinout for 2g->3g conversion let me know. I kind of have everything in excel. Was taking notes from elsa when I was doing my conversion(this one require new harnesses between units and fibre optics loops to close unneccesary ones)

Cannot remember the part number I used, but there are different alternator regulators depending on the make & model of the alternator, it's not just the case of finding one part number. Sorry I cannot help any further on this one..

So I found it .
Generator PN (facelift) for 2.7/3.0 :
059 903 018E

Thank you B5NUT for input.
If you remember would you just confirm : outer pin (2) from FL generator to pin2 of gateway right?

Regards,
Dawid

3G+ installed. Unit is p&p to 3G high if Facelift gateway installed first. Doesn't need to be any 5can GW . My one is 4F0910468M and it worked perfectly fine .
Alternator still hasn't been changed .

Ebay/Amazon vcds 12.12 doesn't support long coding helper so you can code but no clue which bit is what. I need to sort out the menus in MMI. Didn't get chance to sort out google earth as no spare sim and not sure how I can use net data directly from my iPhone. No GSM antenna plugged into the 5F unit as yet. Will try to link it with shark on the roof

Did you finish the install ?

I’m curious as two part numbers and what was all needed,

I saw your post on baud rate did you get that figured out ?