C6 phone installation high

bar shaker

Reaction score
I have a handset in my centre console, below which I must insert my SIM to make calls.

Is there any way of bluetoothing my HTC TyTTN II to the car so it will work without removing the SIM?

The phone sees the car in the bluetooth list but can't seem to do anything with the connection. The car just keeps asking for a SIM to be inserted.

You dont need to take your sim card out, just pair your handset with the BT unit. Nobody uses the cradles.

It sound like you have to disable the cradle with VAG-COM, go onto www.audiforum.us where you will have better responce from memebrs who are experts in this field.

As you have a TyTN II you may find that your handset does not push your phonebook and missed call etc. For this you may have to install Jetware-Mobile onto your handset. Google it and you will be able to download a 15 day free trial to see if it works.

Last edited:
Thanks for the link CB.

It seems this isn't possible, short of major surgery and loads of money being spent on new kit.

Its madness that Audi don't let you bluetooth to a £36k car. Even my wife's Fiat 500 has this facility.

I'm off to buy a Parrot.