c6 Door Blades

N17ELE

Reaction score
Hi.
The door blade on the bottom of my drivers door ( A6 Sline) has started to warp ? gap looks horrible.
Is it possible to straighten the blade and how do you remove them ? I can see a screw on either end.
Thanks

Prefacelift models - Remove the two screws then pull the blade backwards and it should pull off.

(It may be that the location pegs are not engaged causing the blade to bend)

Facelift models are a little more difficult. - Remove the screws, same as before. The blade is held on with double sided tape so you will have to use a plastic or wooden wedge to work along the tape to release the blade.

Thanks for the info, mine is pre face lift.
What are they made of ? Is it possible to get back into shape.
Thanks again

Hi
Removed the door blades and they have twisted slightly. Tried warming them with a hair dryer and twisting them. A bit better but I also packed the underside ( bottom of door) with some rubber to help push bottom out and top in. Still noticeable but less so. I think this has been a problem with them ?

Hi
Removed the door blades and they have twisted slightly. Tried warming them with a hair dryer and twisting them. A bit better but I also packed the underside ( bottom of door) with some rubber to help push bottom out and top in. Still noticeable but less so. I think this has been a problem with them ?

That may be why they went to double sided tape on later models.

I have seen them for sale on ebay, but then you have to get them painted.

Thanks for the info, mine is pre face lift.
What are they made of ? Is it possible to get back into shape.
Thanks again

Sorry, no idea if they can be re-shaped or what they are made of.

I had same problem on my A6 2006 and AUDI repaired it under WARRANTY. They replace all four door bottoms to version from facelift model and painted lower sides of all doors. If you fit bottoms from facelift version you must cut off old fitting pins from the doors and paint it.

Thanks . When did they change them ? how old was car when they did it ?
Mine is 2005, but full Audi service history and 55k miles,

Prefacelift - MY 05 to 08
Facelift - MY 09 to 11

MY 2009 came in with 58 reg vehicles.

My car is 2006 and it was one year ago I think you should go to Audi dealer and show your car them.

https://www.audi.co.uk/owners-area/...nties/audi-warranty-terms-and-conditions.html

Anti-perforation warranty

All current Audi vehicles are fully protected during manufacture against corrosion attacking the internal cavities of the bodywork.

This warranty protects against perforation due to rust penetration from within the internal cavities of the vehicle to an external surface for 12 years from the date of first registration.

I did call the local Audi dealer and they said that they were covered for a year ? perhaps two.
There is no rust or perforation just a bent door blade which looks like something off a Ford

Hi Rawtor51, did you buy OEM or another make ? Have seen some on ebay etc but always worried about the quality.
Has anyone had the non OEM blades and what is the quality and finish like ?
Thanks

I was looking for a second hand set of Allroad ones on ebay but they rarely come up and I got fed up waiting. I bought genuine ones. Thing i like about the Allroad ones, they stick out just that bit further than the S6 ones. They are alloy too so don't need painted. 250 +vat each from TPS.

That's far too much for my wallet :) I have ordered a 2nd hand door blade with a guarantee that not warped. Still needs painting.

Yep don't worry your not alone. Its ****** ridiculous . I knew id never get a set otherwise though.
BkS tuning do S6 ones in grey, cant remember prices though

The 2nd hand blade is 100%, I need to spray it but perfect fit. Delivered for £39-00 No more Ford gaps :)

Glad that you got sorted. Share some pictures with us when your all done.

Off side

That's it all done, painted and fitted. Well pleased

Reactions: rawtor51
Can't see detail very well.
Are they like mine ?

THIS