C6 allroad exhaust tips

dentsy

Love this B7 cab
Reaction score
Website
www.ftd-technics.co.uk
Hi, anyone changed their exhaust tips on the C6 2.7 allroad as mine are a bit tatty. Spoke to Audi no replacements avail as its part of the exhaust but he said if you know the diameter some others might fit. Anyone done this and what and how did you fit ?

Thanks,

Si

If I remember correctly a 90mm exit with a 60/65mm entry will fit fine, cant remember the length though, best having a quick measure up.

Reactions: dentsy
That's brill , thanks mate I will have a measure of the length of them. There are lots of straight ones on the bay but ain't seen any that are curved yet that may fit.
Someone in work said you can get resonating tips to make it sound nicer ?
Surely not
Si

if you have a dpf model there not much you can do i had the boxes removed off mine first but not much different and then ended up taking off the dpf

Someone in work said you can get resonating tips to make it sound nicer ?
Surely not
Si

The A6 is a limo. Why should you want to make it sound like a lorry?

Reactions: Jconway651
Hi all, just saw these on the Bay ,

looks like you can get replacements how do they come off then to replace anyone know ? Could possibly remove mine and get them re-chromed if that's cheaper than new OEM ?

Thanks,

Si

i have these on my car .

As for a change, the 3 welds need to be grinned off and that is that

im planning to change mine but still trying to decide if i want the originals or the straight ones...

Hi mate, what I dontbunderstsnd is that if you look at the replacements it looks like they just slot or clamp into the exhaust ! Am I wrong in assuming this , really despo to try and find some nice looking ones like these as the straight ones don't have as much nice chrome showing like these curved ones ,

Si

out of interest

any one seen or had these (or something similar)??

Varex remote control muffler

Have you not just considered polishing the hell out of your existing tips? Wire Wool / Wet / Dry Sand / Then polish? Thats what I did on my 3.0 tid with the downward tips?