C6 3.0tdi reliability?

samiam

Reaction score
Looking at a manual 3.0tdi C6 allroad 2006.
It's got 114,000 miles on the clock, which may, or may not, be a lot.
Trolling around, these motors seem to get no mention of specific weaknesses, so just what can I expect it to do long term?
Clutch/gearbox, drivetrain? Long term issues?
The car, the air suspension etc, how have the C6's stacked up against the previous C5 in reliability long term.
Your thoughts gladly digested!

You wont see any nasty issues with the C6, just make sure the oil's have been regularly changed, being an allroad make sure the CV boots are good, and the rear Anti Roll bar "C" Bushes are not perished. Apart from that you wont get any issues.

Some 3L tdi had troubles with the cam/timing chains wich cost big money(thousands) to fix. There are 4 of them as well and require engine out to fit... I also heard of parking brake issues on them as well, something to do with water corroding the plugs. They are 65 quid each loom for the improved/moulded loom from dealer. The rest is quite well put toghether... Also allroad will also have troubles with the air suspension just like the c5 had...

Just what is the expected service life of the timing chains? What about the turbo's life expectancy?

I bought a 56 plate 3.0tdi Allroad (C6) in December with about 57,000 on the clock and it is brilliant, it is one of the most comfortable cars I've driven and at a flick of the switch into dynamic mode fun on the twisty bits..

Having over 100,000 on the clock I would have thought that most of the niggles and problems, if it had any, will have been sorted. Be sure however to check the clutch and its service history.

The only other thing I would check are the tyres for wear, they are a tad expensive especially if the car is shod with 18" wheels (expect to pay £150 - £260 per tyre depending upon which make you prefer, the cheapest I have found on the web is ctyres.co.uk).

Happy motoring

ph, yours is a manual I take it? Just how does one check the clutch apart from driving it and feeling any wobbles/noises? Service history is easy. I'm assuming a 56 plate won't have the timing chain tensioner issues, as it was the earlier ones that were faulty?
Adamss, I'm not familiar with just how the air suspension of the C6 differs from it's predecessor, do you?

ph, yours is a manual I take it? Just how does one check the clutch apart from driving it and feeling any wobbles/noises? Service history is easy. I'm assuming a 56 plate won't have the timing chain tensioner issues, as it was the earlier ones that were faulty?
Adamss, I'm not familiar with just how the air suspension of the C6 differs from it's predecessor, do you?

Sorry for not getting back to you earlier (I've been out of teh country).

Mine is a semi automatic and is running like a dream (after I had the air intake manifold replaced).

I have no idea as to what difference there is between the suspension on the previous model of teh Allroad. However, I do know that the suspension struts are mightly expensive.

My trouble is as the moment is whether to take out a further warranty?