C5 Avant rear washer issue

StuC

Reaction score
Hey all,

I have been reading through a number of threads with the same issue. Like everyone else I am struggling to get the tailgate trim off.
It looks like everyone and their dog has had a go before me, as the carpetted bit is hanging off! However I cannot get the other bit of trim off.
I have tugged and pulled with no luck. I can see the metal spring clips, but something is stopping it.
Does the car come with a rear roller blind as standard?
I only ask because it looks to me that there are some screws holding the roller blind in. If so I am assuming that the roller blind is stopping the trim panel from coming off.
So, how do I take the roller blind off??

Cheers in advance, Stu

Hi, there are 2 screws you need to remove as well. One is behind the flap that holds the warning triangle and the other is in the recess for the grab handle. Mine doesn't have a blind so not sure if there are any additional screws for this.

I had a similar issue with mine, someone had snapped a few clips and some of the plastics internally. I removed mine and spent a while with a glue gun making sure all the clips and cracks were glued down. Much better now as its eliminated a lot of creaks whilst driving and the hatch closes with a solid clunk!

If you are removing this just to fix your rear washer it may be worth reading some other threads on here first. The most common cause seems to be the washer pipe coming apart at a join in either the footwell or the joint near the rear light cluster (access via the cd changer cubby hole). Ironically you may not need to remove the hatch trim to fix this! I strongly suspect this is how my hatch trim ended up being broken as my rear washer wasn't working when I bought mine.

Last edited:
Hi, there are 2 screws you need to remove as well. One is behind the flap that holds the warning triangle and the other is in the recess for the grab handle. Mine doesn't have a blind so not sure if there are any additional screws for this.

I had a similar issue with mine, someone had snapped a few clips and some of the plastics internally. I removed mine and spent a while with a glue gun making sure all the clips and cracks were glued down. Much better now as its eliminated a lot of creaks whilst driving and the hatch closes with a solid clunk!

If you are removing this just to fix your rear washer it may be worth reading some other threads on here first. The most common cause seems to be the washer pipe coming apart at a join in either the footwell or the joint near the rear light cluster (access via the cd changer cubby hole). Ironically you may not need to remove the hatch trim to fix this! I strongly suspect this is how my hatch trim ended up being broken as my rear washer wasn't working when I bought mine.

I found the 2 screws after reading some threads on here, so those are already out.
Interesting that yours doesn't have a blind though.

CD changer cubby? is that the panel on the LH side of the boot? I only ask as i have a 'built in dash' multi changer.

I found the 2 screws after reading some threads on here, so those are already out.
Interesting that yours doesn't have a blind though.

CD changer cubby? is that the panel on the LH side of the boot? I only ask as i have a 'built in dash' multi changer.

Hi that's correct L\H side