C450 AMG Coupe

Mr.G

Reaction score
What are your thoughts on this car? I've been admiring the clean lines on youtube.

Healthy Engine 3.0 V6 Petrol, BiTurbo 362Hp. Interesting Alternative to an RS3/S3 the next time I come to purchase a car, it'll definitely warrant a test drive.

G

I seriously looked at the C63 (saloon + coupe) but didn't like the Merc interior much
- Halfords screen stuck on the dashboard urgh
- didn't like the central controller thingy
- didn't like indicator/light/wipers stalk
- autobox was OK, not as good as DSG but then I am not a DSG fan either

Overall felt the Audi interior was nicer to be in and OK the performance/noise was nice but not twice the price nice. The 450 is still quick and a much more reasonable price and particularly if debadged few people would have any idea. Defo worth trying one as my dislikes are a personal thing, nothing against the car dynamically.

Reactions: pburv
Is there C450 AMG coupe? I thought they have already renamed it as C43 AMG.

My bad. I didn't realise they'd renamed it. C43 AMG coupe is what I'm referring too here.

This video, with the guys accent and cockups is for me hysterically good. I was LOL a lot during this, well worth the watch. 6:40 onward the guy can't make up his mind what the cars are called either.

Either I've had to much coffee or just in one of those giggly moods.

G

Last edited:
Reactions: pburv
The configurator already has the C43, it has a 9 speed auto box!

Reactions: Mr.G
Never been a fan of mercs but really like the new c class coupe, when I heard about the c43 coming out it really got my attention. Will definitely be going for a test drive and as soon as I'm breaking even on the finance the s3 is going!

My bad. I didn't realise they'd renamed it. C43 AMG coupe is what I'm referring too here.

This video, with the guys accent and cockups is for me hysterically good. I was LOL a lot during this, well worth the watch. 6:40 onward the guy can't make up his mind what the cars are called either.

Either I've had to much coffee or just in one of those giggly moods.

G

Lol...I would love to hear him say.......'Hände hoch' I sinc for you ze vor iz over tommy'.......:haha:

Reactions: Simon L and Jassyo06
Its a lovely stylish looking car, two door though.
Cant find a price, I wonder how much it will be?

Nothing confirmed on price but I've seen estimated £55k. There's a c300 on Mercedes York for nearly 48k!

Naaaawwwwwww,it looks as its suffering from water retention from the rear it's bulbous from all angles, designed for the yanks...it will age fast,also to sum up l would rather have a frickin BMW over these mercs.... The interior looks like it's been designed by a pikey it's all chintz

Reactions: pburv, Simon L and Snake Pliskin
I've tried on 3 occasions to look at Mercs but each time had bad Dealer experiences which were just pi$$ poor & off putting.

Saying that, sat in the cars in the showroom and was not overly impressed anyway ... that was the A45 AMG pre-facelift 2013 and facelift 2015 ... both times Audi kept my business and my Dealer is superb ... which is important to me.

Reactions: pburv, Simon L and Jassyo06
The new forth coming S5/RS5.....should whip its assss

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, pburv, Stevier88 and 1 other person
I've tried on 3 occasions to look at Mercs but each time had bad Dealer experiences which were just pi$$ poor & off putting.

Saying that, sat in the cars in the showroom and was not overly impressed anyway ... that was the A45 AMG pre-facelift 2013 and facelift 2015 ... both times Audi kept my business and my Dealer is superb ... which is important to me.

Yeah I owned a Merc for a brief while many years ago and the dealers are just a bunch of complete to$$ers, servicing was a rip off and it was hands down the most unreliable car I ever owned.

....and they're ugly.........well most of em!! lol

Reactions: Jassyo06, Snake Pliskin and pburv
I see the usual tranche of Audi fanboys have arrived, right on cue, tripping over themselves to denounce anything non Audi :D

No doubt this thread will be moved to a more appropriate section, but it's been amusing to see the reaction, nevertheless ;)

Reactions: Philip Davies and Stevier88
My Dad had a high end Merc Vito (don't ask why) and I can attest to the unreliability as he's had a whole collection of electronics issues.

One of our reps also has a Merc C class and the entire gearbox had to be replaced after 110,000 miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My 19 year old Merc SLK has been extremely reliable for the 4 years I've had it. I'll be very happy if my A3 is as good when it's >10 years old. I happen to like both Mercs and Audis - I appreciate the finer points of each!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The c450 and c43 are the same thing in America it's called c450 and here c43 ps they sound amazing

Reactions: Jassyo06