C pillar rear window trim removal guide

***DK***

Reaction score
Anyone offer up some guidance on removing the rear driver side triangle window interior trim on an Avant? I need to solder a dab antenna amplifier to the window antenna points but struggling to get the trim off.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

From memory…

Take the parcel shelf and sun screen out, drop the back seats flat, remove screws holding the boot side trim on. this also includes taking the curry hook off. This should pull away at the top and leave a gap. You don’t need to remove it fully. A few screws in the d pillar trim then this can be removed. It may be partially clipped to the boot side trim.

sorry it’s not a complete step by step but it should help if you are feeling brave enough to tackle it. I did this a few years back fitting the TV tuner antenna amp which is more of a pain to get the C pillar trim off.

Last edited:
Oh hang on. You need the D pillar trim! (The factory DAB antenna amp is behind this) I’ll edit above post

Last edited:
Great thanks for this! I'll give it a shot. By just removing the curry hook and one screw further up I managed today to pull the trim out a bit to see the contact points on the window to solder to. That was also enough to feed the fakra cable up so I may try to prop that trim gap open just enough to solder when I receive the antenna booster this week and either screw it or stick up in there somehow.

Hopefully that might save undoing everything else but it's a tight space so if I'm going to end up bodging it I'll take more bits off as you described.

In need of someone to remove component protection as well now. Been quoted 150 from one guy which is probably reasonable but I was hoping a bit less and maybe a crate of beers if anyone knows someone more local to Dulwich South East London that could do it.

Cheers

Oh hang on. You need the D pillar trim! (The factory DAB antenna amp is behind this) I’ll edit above post
Sorry yes you're right! Getting my Cs and Ds mixed up! Thanks

There is a fixing for the amp you need to press in a clip nut thing and use a small screw. A new amp comes with the clip but not the screw

Side fixing
C4CD6B2F D1C4 49C3 9A64 E2E72F73B09C

Amp fixing. Different amp but same principle

30B9969D 5AC1 47E1 9B45 DF25A6D63D5D

Excellent thanks so much for the help!

Parts for the clip and the bolt to hold the antenna on. Also the plug if you need it.

N 10656901 - nut
WHT000025 - clip
1C0973119B - plug