Bye for now!

AlnSaz

Reaction score
Well that's the A4 Avant gone back to Audi Finance (via BCA)

Easy inspection, one small chip on the rear bumper which the guy said they may (or may not) charge me £21 for!

2 year lease and done just short of 18k mixed miles with a couple of big family trips thrown in. Handed it back a couple of months early to avoid the big service costs

Car has been great. Looks, tech and drive were very nice. A wee bit more power would have been good at times but generally the 1.4 150hp engine was adequate in most situations. Replaced the front Contis at 13k miles (£360!!) but otherwise no other issues or costs

Much as I'd have liked another A4 Avant, lease prices are nowhere near where they were a couple of years ago so I'm expecting delivery of a SEAT Leon FR Black Edition Estate (1.5TSi 130hp) early December - great value at £218 per month on a 1+23 deal and not lacking in kit, plus the added bonus of metallic magnetic grey paint which I think is very similar to daytona

Thanks to everyone on the forum for all the help, I'll be looking in frequently, the Mrs has an A3 which is 'mine' until the Leon arrives!

Cheers
Al

Reactions: Bristle Hound and cuke2u
Audi to a SEAT :astonished:, never mind its only for 2 years and you can always use the A3 :grinning:

Reactions: AlnSaz
TBH I had SEATs for years before my last 2 Audis and they are decent motors - wee bit nervous that I'll notice a huge downgrade in quality but hey it's a 2 year lease and pretty high spec so not too bothered - and yeah the A3 always on the drive if I want a quick Audi hit haha :)

Enjoy the switch!

Mrs has a Seat Arona on lease and that thing is fantastic to drive! DSG is smoother and more responsive then A4 was, and when in sport mode it does shift considering it’s a 1.0L 3-cyl.

Agree that they are not as huge step down from the Audi as one likes to think - more so if you ignore aesthetics. I actually enjoy the rare occasion I get to drive it - she’s rather protective of it...

Farewell mate - I am heading to BMW next year so leaving Audi myself. Just going through an application for a 8 series gran coupe

Reactions: And1 and AlnSaz
If Seat still did an A4 sized Seat, then I'd still be in a Seat. Keeping my A4 for at least 4 years, but would definitely go back to a Leon after that.

@AlnSaz - I went from a B8.5 S4
https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/bhs-sepang-blue-b8-5-audi-s4-black-edition-saloon.240456/
to a Leon Cupra
https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/bhs-mystery-blue-mk3-seat-leon-cupra-300-5-door.340323/

Absolutely loved the Cupra & fully intended to buy at at the end of the lease
However SWMBO decided she wanted to start caravning, so the Cupra went early to be replaced by an A4 Avant
https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threa...-avant-2-0-tdi-143-s-line-multitronic.391476/
which is soon to be replaced with a BMW X3
https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/bhs-alpine-white-my20-g01-bmw-x3-xdrive20d-m-sport.404731/

You'll love the Seat. I'm sure

Funny how your priorities change with cars ...

Hard luck mate. You sticking around a little longer instead?
Yes mate. The 8 series would of been March 31st delivery but pricing set up on system lease brokers use was wrong. It did seem slightly too good to be true!

Well that's the A4 Avant gone back to Audi Finance (via BCA)

Easy inspection, one small chip on the rear bumper which the guy said they may (or may not) charge me £21 for!

2 year lease and done just short of 18k mixed miles with a couple of big family trips thrown in. Handed it back a couple of months early to avoid the big service costs

Car has been great. Looks, tech and drive were very nice. A wee bit more power would have been good at times but generally the 1.4 150hp engine was adequate in most situations. Replaced the front Contis at 13k miles (£360!!) but otherwise no other issues or costs

Much as I'd have liked another A4 Avant, lease prices are nowhere near where they were a couple of years ago so I'm expecting delivery of a SEAT Leon FR Black Edition Estate (1.5TSi 130hp) early December - great value at £218 per month on a 1+23 deal and not lacking in kit, plus the added bonus of metallic magnetic grey paint which I think is very similar to daytona

Thanks to everyone on the forum for all the help, I'll be looking in frequently, the Mrs has an A3 which is 'mine' until the Leon arrives!

Cheers
Al

How was the inspection? Got mine shortly, there's a couple of big stone chips on the bumper which I've touched up in the past, so hoping that they don't complain about those. If it's 21 quid I'm not going to really argue, but as far as I'm concerned there's nothing over and above normal wear and tear, so wouldn't be happy if they wanted anything significant for it.