bye bye google satellite overlay

How do you get the Audi connect extended? Anyway to do it online?

Is there a cost? My 3 years ends in Feb
myAudi

IMG 2155 squashed

Ignore the remote service, that's not for 8V vehicles.

How do you get the Audi connect extended? Anyway to do it online?

Is there a cost? My 3 years ends in Feb
If you go on the my Audi app and click on go to shop under functions on demand it brings you to the page where you can renew and pay for a new license. Cost varies by car and the services available but it isn’t cheap. Not sure I’ll be willing to pay £14.50 a month when mine expires.

Attachments

• EB68F086-95F4-4968-BFB1-B232BA521021.jpeg
    EB68F086-95F4-4968-BFB1-B232BA521021.jpeg
    179.2 KB · Views: 372
Will the satellite card update only work if you have the subscription?

DJ Alix probably better to answer that but I imagine it would still work, I imagine you just wouldn’t have live traffic updates etc if you didn’t have the Audi Connect license.

Untested at this time. Best case in relation to graphics with no valid licence would be that the MIB system reverts to its cache for whichever overlay it has stored however given that peoples "graphics" stopped working even with cashed data I believe you will need a valid subscription. 100% you can forget online traffic etc working without a valid licence.

Reactions: 8YARWY and Bells
@DJ
Untested at this time. Best case in relation to graphics with no valid licence would be that the MIB system reverts to its cache for whichever overlay it has stored however given that peoples "graphics" stopped working even with cashed data I believe you will need a valid subscription. 100% you can forget online traffic etc working without a valid licence.
@DJAlix. I am hoping you may help solve my loss of GE overlay on my A4 B9. I have tried contacting you via your business email.

@DJ

@DJAlix. I am hoping you may help solve my loss of GE overlay on my A4 B9. I have tried contacting you via your business email.
Playing catch up after the holidays. I am answering emails and messages but might be faster via my phone 07950 737 899.

@DJAlix.
Ok. No worries and no hurry. My issue regarding GE isn’t going anywhere, so get back to me when you are able.
Regards

Update..

After emails with Audi Uk back and forwards got an appointment to do the satellite maps update FOC under warranty.. also they assured me mmi will be updated.

Will update with the results in Feb after the appointment (first appointment with courtesy car)

Stay safe

Reactions: SBJ
@Spinstorm
I don’t think one can extend licences online, but I may be wrong. My licences expired 12/03/20. I rang Audi CS about extending and they just did it, extending all until 12/03/22. I don’t think they had yet worked out a charge structure. However I believe that Audi has recently started charging for these. Don’t know how much though, or whether mine will remain valid (fingers crossed!).
Via Audi connect now, shop > functions on demand.

I've emailed the dealership today and await their response as my A6 is under warranty and MY2018 so fingers crossed!

It shows me £11.99 per month which I have zero plan of paying for the online services...

I might try my luck with Audi and see if they will extend it for free however I hope that the satellite view will not require a live connection once it has been used with the update.

It shows me £11.99 per month which I have zero plan of paying for the online services...

I might try my luck with Audi and see if they will extend it for free however I hope that the satellite view will not require a live connection once it has been used with the update.
Apparently my A6 MY2018 isn’t compatible with the update so no more Google satellite maps! I also phoned Audi CS as I wanted to update my maps to 2021 and hadn’t realised I’d performed my 3 free update quota. Nope, wouldn’t budge. And Connect will be chargeable when my warranty runs out. No thanks.

Got my S3 firmware updated today for satellite maps. (67 FL with Tech pack).
Audi connect license for everything expires with the extended Audi warranty late 2022, so will lose the maps at this point.

I just got my car back today (after other warranty work being done) and my satellite view is back!

My Audi Connect has a few days on it still - my first MOT is due on Monday and my connect expires on Sunday.
(I might try calling Audi to see if they will extend it for free - can’t hurt).

BUT the satellite view is back - and we will see if it still works next week when everything else expires.

Got my S3 firmware updated today for satellite maps. (67 FL with Tech pack).
Audi connect license for everything expires with the extended Audi warranty late 2022, so will lose the maps at this point.

Were you charged for the update to re-enable satellite maps?

I've got the extended warranty too. Would be good to get connect extended and satellite maps back.

I just got my car back today (after other warranty work being done) and my satellite view is back!

My Audi Connect has a few days on it still - my first MOT is due on Monday and my connect expires on Sunday.
(I might try calling Audi to see if they will extend it for free - can’t hurt).

BUT the satellite view is back - and we will see if it still works next week when everything else expires.

Glad you got it fixed but you will have to pay to extend it when Connect expires. They stopped giving free extensions ~Nov 2020. Prices are listed in the MyAudi app and is separate from warranty / extended warranty.

Glad you got it fixed but you will have to pay to extend it when Connect expires. They stopped giving free extensions ~Nov 2020. Prices are listed in the MyAudi app and is separate from warranty / extended warranty.

I did see the cost in the app - but no harm asking.

As for if the maps will work after the service expires I have a feeling it will.

Watching the way it loaded up it seems like it was saved on the car to me; additionally there is no reference to satellite map any longer under licensing. But only a few days and I will know for sure.

Existing maps will still work but no traffic or satellite overlay (unless cached). You’d need to extend Connect to maybe get future map updates.

Reactions: AdamInKent
I had my 66 plate S3 updated today with the help of a member on the Facebook a3/s3 uk owners group, official Audi update, my car was on the original Audi software and the update has not only activated my satellite overlay but also given me subwoofer adjustment in sound settings which was a bonus and at a great price. There were 10 various updates which must be other general improvements
B60057F9 AD9C 4EB7 9C05 F680F79CD671

I did see the cost in the app - but no harm asking.

As for if the maps will work after the service expires I have a feeling it will.

Watching the way it loaded up it seems like it was saved on the car to me; additionally there is no reference to satellite map any longer under licensing. But only a few days and I will know for sure.

No chance will the satélite image work after Audi connect expires. They load to the car and then i think the cache is wiped each time the car is switched. My satélite image loads each time the car is switched on, if it was stored on the cars hard drive then it wouldn’t do this. Would love to be wrong!

No chance will the satélite image work after Audi connect expires. They load to the car and then i think the cache is wiped each time the car is switched. My satélite image loads each time the car is switched on, if it was stored on the cars hard drive then it wouldn’t do this. Would love to be wrong!
Yes you will need Audi connect for the satellite overlay, I’ve got it until October so I’ll see how much I need it in my life

I have a 66 plate facelift with no warranty, build date sept 2016 I think. Took it to Nottingham Audi yesterday for a service and they have updated the satellite overlay for free. My sub volume control has appeared now as well.
New software version 1326 was 0679.

I had my 66 plate S3 updated today with the help of a member on the Facebook a3/s3 uk owners group, official Audi update, my car was on the original Audi software and the update has not only activated my satellite overlay but also given me subwoofer adjustment in sound settings which was a bonus and at a great price. There were 10 various updates which must be other general improvements
View attachment 215296
Can you PM me the details of who did this please ?

What software version did you end up on ?

Have a look on Facebook, he’s called Simon Leigh and lives around Leeds but he can send you a link to download it to a SD card. He’ll explain everything to you. 0AA5D6B8 265A 41E9 B499 79C25E2E0BC5
My previous software was 0679

I can confirm that when my license expired so did the satellite view and it is NOT worth £11 a month to me.

Also as to comment above - Audi are never going to know who did the update if they even noticed; and based on their service they won't.

I can confirm that when my license expired so did the satellite view and it is NOT worth £11 a month to me.

Also as to comment above - Audi are never going to know who did the update if they even noticed; and based on their service they won't.
If you update without the official diagnostics tool:

1) a check sum error remains on the system which is picked by even the most basic of diagnostic tools.
2) the vehicle online design database will be out of sync.

they WILL know.

Got my software update to restore satellite overlay.

MMI software version:
Before: 1168
After: 1326

Media driver:
Before: CLU8_MMX2_AU_ER_G21_12....
After: DEV_MMX2_AU_ER_G21_106....

* Satellite overlay returned - does look different to Google but was expecting that from the photos provided by others.
* Didn’t lose subwoofer control
* Minor VCDS mods remained
* However, it did wipe out the code for my rearview camera, despite me asking them to preserve it. Will contact DJAlix to restore functionality.

Reactions: DJAlix and Harvey
DJAlix restored my satellite overlay by updating my MIB2 software last Friday. The only thing I noticed was the audio CD in the glovebox DVD drive wasn’t recognised after the update. I just had a message “media not inserted” but a simple eject/re-insert sorted it. It’s nice to have the satellite overlay and search function back but £11 per month is laughable. If it was per year, I’d probably do it, but seeing as I can just plug in my iPhone and get carplay why would anyone on their right mind pay that?!!

P.S I can highly recommend @DJAlix. Very professional service and a thoroughly nice chap too. I’ll definitely use his services again.
:friends: :thumbs up:

Reactions: DJAlix