Bye bye Audi

Dsport

Reaction score
Hi all I decided a couple of weeks ago to part with the Audi I love the look, build, practicality but there was no drive appeal, maybe its cos I went for the auto I dont know, but it just didnt light my fire, also in the back of my mind was always wondering when the multitronic box was going to pop.

So its gone.

Im not a Bmw fan as have had 2 x 320d and a 330d all ended up costing a fortune, But do love rear wheel drive so Ive decided to go for a 325ci petrol

Ive Got some wheel spacers and roof bars from the audi on Flee bay if anyone is interested Id rather to to a fellow member karaoketurbo | eBay

Thanks for all the help advise will pop on from time to time

how much you asking for the spacers mate

I can understand your sentiment.

When my previous S3 was in the dealers having something fixed I had an A6 3.0TDi Auto in the first week, then a manual in the second week and the auto box was just painful. Fine for wafting about, but dull as ditchwater on proper roads.

Did you not test it before you bought it, or was it the love of the car that made you think you may be able to live with it?

Hi all I decided a couple of weeks ago to part with the Audi I love the look, build, practicality but there was no drive appeal, maybe its cos I went for the auto I dont know, but it just didnt light my fire, also in the back of my mind was always wondering when the multitronic box was going to pop.

So its gone.

Im not a Bmw fan as have had 2 x 320d and a 330d all ended up costing a fortune, But do love rear wheel drive so Ive decided to go for a 325ci petrol

Just a theory, but do you think it might be to do with the 1.9tdi not really setting the world on fire in terms of excitement, and the fact that the multitronic box is, at best, awful. I would agree with you, but even a 2.0T A4 would have felt a lot more exciting, and kept the things about the audi that you love.

How much would you be after for the roof bars mate? Live in Huddersfield, so close by.

Have fun in the BMW. :)

how much you asking for the spacers mate

Looking for £70 posted

I will offer £50 delivered for wheel spacers.

looking for £70 posted or £60 collected

Good luck with the Bimmer.

Thanks

I can understand your sentiment.

When my previous S3 was in the dealers having something fixed I had an A6 3.0TDi Auto in the first week, then a manual in the second week and the auto box was just painful. Fine for wafting about, but dull as ditchwater on proper roads.

Did you not test it before you bought it, or was it the love of the car that made you think you may be able to live with it?

Lol yea did test drive it but had an Astra Vxr Nurburgring, used to drive it hard so though I needed to calm down a bit, hence the Audi and after 13 months it was time for a change,

Just a theory, but do you think it might be to do with the 1.9tdi not really setting the world on fire in terms of excitement, and the fact that the multitronic box is, at best, awful. I would agree with you, but even a 2.0T A4 would have felt a lot more exciting, and kept the things about the audi that you love.

If it was a manual Id still have it because id of had it remapped but didnt want to remap the auto

How much would you be after for the roof bars mate? Live in Huddersfield, so close by.

Have fun in the BMW. :)

Hi Paul you have pm

Ive had the Beemer over a week now and thought Id give a quick progress report, now I finally managed to get my seat position right, Im enjoying the car the drive is much more involving, also thought it was going to be worse on fuel its averaging around 26 round town and around 36 on a run. The dislikes are the lack of toys in the cockpit theres not alot to play with, dont know how long Ill keep with it thinking maybe a B6 S4 avant

i think most ppl who have owned an audi come back one day ;-) i dont have any idea what id buy if i was to sell a b7 or a6 maybe bmws would be a maybe but only if i could not find the right audi i think

i would never go back to bmw, the rear wheel drive setup is only good when the roads are free from ice,snow and rain water which in this country is not very often.
bmw interiors always look dated to me after they are a few year old and audi's can still drive like new after 200,000 miles when the manual gearbox on a bmw after them miles will be very very sloppy.
imo the bmw's have the better engines like for like, well they do win the engine of the year award most years but i would still pick a quattro over a bmw every time.
the main appeal of an audi to me is the quattro awd system, i was not impressed at all with the front wheel drive set up but the quattro sport i have handles like a dream in the corners and on roundabouts, i have yet to get any understeer and all 4 tyres stick like glue.

i would never go back to bmw, the rear wheel drive setup is only good when the roads are free from ice,snow and rain water which in this country is not very often.
bmw interiors always look dated to me after they are a few year old and audi's can still drive like new after 200,000 miles when the manual gearbox on a bmw after them miles will be very very sloppy.
imo the bmw's have the better engines like for like, well they do win the engine of the year award most years but i would still pick a quattro over a bmw every time.
the main appeal of an audi to me is the quattro awd system, i was not impressed at all with the front wheel drive set up but the quattro sport i have handles like a dream in the corners and on roundabouts, i have yet to get any understeer and all 4 tyres stick like glue.

I after more driver appeal its all about the drive with a Bmw Ive only done 400 mile in the Bmw so far, but its much more fun than the Audi, agree with the cockpit the Audi is better with more toys but personally wouldnt touch ether make with that kind of miles on.
I went from a Rear drive Saphire cosworth to a S2 Coupe but coudnt feel what the car was doing it did stick to the road well but need feedback from the wheel and not driven another quattro scince,

In not saying ether car is a better Im just wanting a rear drive as going on some track days next year.

Post up some pics!

Hers some Pics James these are the only ones Ive got at the moment

KGrHqNh0E6HQpQFj7BOtuKYpkZQ60_12.jpg

KGrHqRlQE6CCEKtEBOtuKzbSg60_12.jpg

KGrHqVjkE6E5LbbSYBOtuKp28Hg60_12.jpg

KGrHqRhQE6ZjVZPrkBOtuKfjLzQ60_12.jpg

I am going to drop and wheel swop and get it mapped but at the moment Im still finishing my Golf off so its stopping standard for now

Nice car................apart from the wood!

A car is a car, not a side cabinet in a stately home lounge. I'd change the wood before you change the leather!

Drove one a couple of years ago, and good engine in a great car; enjoy.

Nice car................apart from the wood!

A car is a car, not a side cabinet in a stately home lounge. I'd change the wood before you change the leather!

Drove one a couple of years ago, and good engine in a great car; enjoy.

Lol never thought of it like that, could change the drivers seat for my arm chair,
Im on the look out for a qube trim at the moment but this was the start of all the unhappieness with the Audi, A black car with grey trim but looked past that, then bought Black s line leather trim (seats and door panels) fitted the seats looked odd then fitted the door panels booked better but then the dash started looking out of place so had to colour code all that up black, then the carpet looked wrong !! So this time have made sure I got a car with dark trim then almost anything will go, I think the light wood will go with cream leather but my golf is still not done so this will have to wait

Bit of an Update after putting some time and money into the Bmw a few sets of wheels It ended up looking like this,
1st set was only on 2 days
fa5822ff.jpg

2nd set was 3 week
ee86032b.jpg

But still wasnt very happy with the look so took them off and sold them so it sat with nothing on for almost a week
73273e12.jpg

Then I decided I could just get a 10" M3 under the rear arch with a bit of work,
So bought a Brand new set of M3 staggered Csl wheels with a 27mm rear offset, I rolled the rear arch and took the wheels to a local machine shop who took 5mm of the face of the wheel, bringing it in to 32mm and with a streached tyre They went on.

8af349f5.jpg

e250b125.jpg

Was happy with the look but at the end on the day Im Vag Not Bmw so it was sold !!

I also completed the Mk2 Id been building so was driving that around then came accross

a Mk4 Anniversary 1.8 T with some goodies on, I only went over for a look and ended up buying on the spot
here are some pics

6573e829.jpg

c619f740.jpg

so this is now my daily but Im back on the lookout for 4 ring estate and keep the golf for a toy

Interesting update :icon_thumright:

Good time to leave the BM up on stands that week, you'd never have got it off the drive in the snow anyway ;)

The M3 wheels look great on that car! I reckon one day i'll own a BMW. I might sell it quickly, but I think I need to own one once at least.

As for the golf, I like that a lot! I know someone who has a mk4 anniversary edition also, but in black. Very nice cars. You seem to like red, or is that just what came along at the right price?

The M3 wheels look great on that car! I reckon one day i'll own a BMW. I might sell it quickly, but I think I need to own one once at least.

As for the golf, I like that a lot! I know someone who has a mk4 anniversary edition also, but in black. Very nice cars. You seem to like red, or is that just what came along at the right price?

I liked the look when I'd finished it but the lack of power and the poor economy far outweighs the look, you really had to work the engine to get it to shift,
The golf just come up but I do like red with all the bits it has on I couldnt resist