Bye-bye all!

Reaction score
After 4 great years in my A4 V6 TDI quattro Sport, I'm heading off to pastures bigger and newer: 2 young sprogs means I need three proper seats across the back and with and a growing collection of things that need to be hauled around I was pushed in the direction of the A6 Avant and A7.... and I found a pretty peachy A6 Avant last week with lots of nice toys - I pick it up on Friday :)

I'll be putting my car up in the classifieds soon (PM me if interested in parts / all), but I'll be back on here fairly regularly as the A6 C7 forum is VERY quiet and the B6's have such a great following :)

laters!
Chris

a very sad day and a lovely car too

mind you the new one's a bit smart

:beerchug:

Shame to hear your B6 is on its way but i'm liking your new one. Nice combo the 3.0 Diesel with quattro.

...the 3.0 Diesel with quattro.
nah - that's the 300bhp supercharged 3.0TFSI petrol :DStill gets the same fuel economy as my TDI (apparently) and petrol is about 20% cheaper.... plus I do VERY low mileage, so not worth the TDI premium to buy the BiTDI...

300bhp, mmm! That will shift a bit. And I do very few miles too really. If I was buying almost new I think I'd go with petrol. But since I can't see myself buying a new car the difference is a lot less between petrol and diesel versions.

I bet you can't wait for Friday! You plan on keeping it standard or any mods planned already?

The only really useful extra it's missing is the DAB/DVBT/speaker upgrades*, so might go for an entertainement overhaul next year: car is over 6 months, but only 260 miles on the clock (and I've done 40 of them on two test drives!).

*it even has the auto-parking and LED headlight system - nearly a £60k car when new, with all those extras!

I might get some 19's when I need to replace the summer tyres in a few years' time.

Yeah, i think some 19's would suit a car that size!

And reading your signature...what the hell is "curry" hooks? ha!

If only your car was an avant it'd be tempting to buy it. Good luck with the sale. You got it in the classifieds yet?

Sad to see you go mate, keep in touch via FB won't you :beerchug:

I love the new A6's.

Yeah, i think some 19's would suit a car that size!

And reading your signature...what the hell is "curry" hooks? ha!

If only your car was an avant it'd be tempting to buy it. Good luck with the sale. You got it in the classifieds yet?

I think they are the fold down handles that you hook bags on to to stop them flying around.

I want two for mine.

Cracking looking motor.

What toys has it got?
I like toys.

sorry, but it really does not look anything like a 60k car?

Not wanting to upset or anything but 60k for an a6 avant is daft money (that aint gonna be worth much in a cpl of years)
?

Not wanting to upset or anything but 60k for an a6 avant is daft money (that aint gonna be worth much in a cpl of years)
?

It's not the looks he's paying for.
It's the engine, running gear and gadgets.

Not wanting to upset or anything but 60k for an a6 avant is daft money

You can't get the 3.0TFSI any more, but spec up a 245PS S-Line with a few of the smaller upgrades mine has (MMI touch, high colour DIS, LED headlight pack, etc).... even a 245PS will be about £57k once you spec it the same as mine.

(that aint gonna be worth much in a cpl of years)

Pretty sure that's the same with ALL new cars! But mine was nearly £25k off-list 'cos it's technically 2nd hand, even though it only had 200-odd miles on the clock :)

fair play buying 2nd hand with the discount just had a scare at the depreciation on these new A6's - factor in a 2nd hand RS4 avant gives you more than these (ownership proposition and long term value) ...this new stuff will depreciate like mad surely:bye:

(don't get me wrong i've lost lots of money on cars over the years and also driven all this new stuff as weekend free demos from audi (through work)....it's like burning money buying the wrong new'ish car).

I think they are the fold down handles that you hook bags on to to stop them flying around.

Yep - little soft-spring-loaded hooks that move up into the top of the boot so they don't get in the way, but give you somewhere to sling the shopping up so it doesn't slide around the back.

What toys has it got?
I like toys.
Mostly in the signature:
Factory Xenons
Factory BOSE
Factory full sports leather
Factory metal trim.
S-Line bodykit
RNS-E
Bluetooth
Audi R8 flat-bottomed multifunction steering wheel
SDS-High voice control through steering wheel
full DIS
Cruisecontrol
fan-jet washer upgrade
Aero wiper upgrade
RS4 ARB
RS4 pedals
18" S4 'AvusIII' alloys w/Toyo Proxes T1-R's
16" Trapeze Sport alloys w/
Vredestein Wintrac Xtremes
ISOfix
Freeview+ TV: (
Ampire DVBT-400-3G)
includes USB media line in and 2 x AV lines in (I use it for aux audio + iPod video)
"curry" hooks
Westfalia detachable towbar
extra 12v in the boot
2 x 12V in the cubby hole + USB charger
LED boot lights (it's like a frickin stadium in there now!)
LED numberplate lights
pressed metal plates (German style, UK road-legal)

And yes, it's in the classifieds:
Classifieds: A4 V6 TDI quattro Sport (B6)

MOT until March 2014, taxed until July 2013, 141k miles, full service history, mostly Audi. Including recent brake discs and pads, cambelt and waterpump all done May 2012, 7k miles ago at Walton Audi.

Also selling it with the box of extras (mostly just my old 3 spoke steering wheel, plus the single din cage and CD player).

Last edited:
Reactions: ScottD3
Sad to see you go mate, keep in touch via FB won't you :beerchug:

I love the new A6's.

thanks mate, will do: I'll be in the A6 forum and others a fair bit too.... the C7 forum is WAY too quiet!!

plan was always to get a C6 when the C7's came out, but then they made the C7's that much cooler (and lighter)... so when this one came up, it seemed like a no-brainer!