BYE BYE A3

mike foster

Fossie
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Decided the time was right to change the old girl for something newer and different. Ended up with a rather nice 2012 Q3 S line Quattro which I must admit is brilliant !

Will still be hanging around the forum and still have VCDS with which I will be happy to help people if and when required.

Thanks for all your help and enjoyable banter and I hope to maybe contribute a bit in the other section.

Cheers for now

Mike

Reactions: dantdi and Sandra
I can breathe again Mike. Im happy your staying with audi and especially staying on the forum. You are one of the most knowledgeable and genuinely nice guys in here, we would all miss you very much if you were not here to advise us . Q3 sounds nice, cant wait for the pics. I hope you will be very happy with it. :) x

Thanks for your kind comments Sandra - flattery gets you everywhere !! lol

So much to learn on the Q3, but there won't be any mods ( other than with VCDS ) as it's got almost everything I can imagine, and anyway it's far too expensive to be messing about with !

Going to plug VCDS in this morning and see what it throws up - will try and get a couple of pics up soon.

Thanks again, take care and keep up the good work in sorting out this motley crew when necessary :icon_thumright:

Reactions: Sandra
Thanks for your kind comments Sandra - flattery gets you everywhere !! lol

So much to learn on the Q3, but there won't be any mods ( other than with VCDS ) as it's got almost everything I can imagine, and anyway it's far too expensive to be messing about with !

Going to plug VCDS in this morning and see what it throws up - will try and get a couple of pics up soon.

Thanks again, take care and keep up the good work in sorting out this motley crew when necessary :icon_thumright:

Will look forward to seeing the new car Mike. Will need to set up a faqs thread for you to share all your findings with us, lol. :) x

At least you'll be familiar with the systems as a bit is based on A3 technology :)

At least you'll be familiar with the systems as a bit is based on A3 technology :)

Hi mate - not seen much familiar yet as this has the CR engine, built-in Sat Nav etc. etc. xenons blah blah blah !! Had a go with VCDS and came up against a few problems which Dana at RT is addressing. Quite a few modules without label files so have done a channel map and sent it over.

Noticeable is the absence of the Convenience module as apparently it uses a BCM/09 controller instead ( whatever that is !! ).

Will be in touch shortly via PM to discuss something with you.

Any pics for us yet Mike? How are you enjoying the new car? :) x

Any pics for us yet Mike? How are you enjoying the new car? :) x

Need to get them off the phone to dropbox and then post ! Bit delayed I'm afraid.

Loving the car. Obviously not as sporty as the A3 but much more comfortable and so much easier to get in and out of for us old arthritic pensioners !!

Pics soon hopefully but I'm expecting loads of comments about 'needs lowering' or similar !!!!! It won't be !

Sounds very nice Mike, looking forward to the pictures m8 (y)

A couple of pics to whet your appetite ! Hope you like it - I certainly do ! Trying to upload photos with the new photobucket is a nightmare - sorry for the delay !!

EDIT: Just checked and it still isn't right ! Can anyone tell me how to post pics without using photobucket please ?
WP 20131025 002WP 20131021 001

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Sandra and NHN
Hi mate - not seen much familiar yet as this has the CR engine, built-in Sat Nav etc. etc. xenons blah blah blah !! Had a go with VCDS and came up against a few problems which Dana at RT is addressing. Quite a few modules without label files so have done a channel map and sent it over.

Noticeable is the absence of the Convenience module as apparently it uses a BCM/09 controller instead ( whatever that is !! ).

Will be in touch shortly via PM to discuss something with you.

Climate & headlight switch are the same lmao, nice car though.