Bye bye A3, hello TTS!

dbm

Reaction score
Hi folks,

Well, I put my deposit down in March, and it has been a long wait. But worth it!

TTS01.jpg

TTS02.jpg

TTS03.jpg

Here's some shots with the missus Couper S too.

TTS04.jpg

TTS05.jpg

So far I've just driven the car at 2/3rd revs, but even at that it is so much better than my A3 3.2 S-Line was. It feels so agile, and the Haldex comes in to effect very quickly. Really looking forward to getting 1k on the clock so I can give it full beans with no guilt pangs!

Cheers,
Dan

Very nice mate, mine arrives in November/December (not had the build date fully confirmed yet). Those alloys do look a lot better on the TTS than the S3. I've spec'd the 19" 5 spokes but i'm considering scrapping that and buying some BBS CH or CK's for my A3 then swapping them over when the car comes.... It is the same fitment i'm assuming?? Should make it a little more hardcore and less hairdresser lol

Anyway it'd be good to hear how you get on when it's run in a bit more.

What options did you go for??

Paul.

Followed one of these down to Brighton on Saturday. Great looking car, especially those 4 pipes when you're following. Couldn't keep up with the GIAC'd S3 though :rockwoot:
Cracking car though.

agree with comment about the pipes, i like to see four of them

this might seem like a silly question but are they all used or are 2 of them for show.

why cant a TTS keep up with an S3

Very nice mate, mine arrives in November/December (not had the build date fully confirmed yet).

Enjoy the anticipation, it's hell! :(

Those alloys do look a lot better on the TTS than the S3.

Personally, I like them. They are 'new' where as things like RS4s are seen all over the place these days.

I've spec'd the 19" 5 spokes but i'm considering scrapping that and buying some BBS CH or CK's for my A3 then swapping them over when the car comes.... It is the same fitment i'm assuming??

I'm not too techie, but I think they are the same. Someone else could give you a definitive answer I'm sure.

Should make it a little more hardcore and less hairdresser lol

If you saw me, you would know I'm not a hairdresser. No hair :p

Anyway it'd be good to hear how you get on when it's run in a bit more.

What options did you go for??

Paul.

Quite a few options: S-Tronic, Extended Coloured leather, electric seats, Phone prep, USB socket, parking sensors, storage pack, BOSE, metallic paint (obviously!), tire pressure monitor.

I do about 25k miles a year, so I like my car to be a nice place to be :)

Even now the car is fantastic to drive. It's going to be mind blowing when I can give it 100%!

Cheers
Dan

agree with comment about the pipes, i like to see four of them

this might seem like a silly question but are they all used or are 2 of them for show.

I think more of the pipes are used as you increase the throttle. Under idle most of the system seems to be closed down to keep the noise legal. Under full bore it sounds very nice for a transverse-4.

Cheers
Dan

It aint fair why didnt they stick 4 pipes on the S3???

Right enough four pipes sticking out've the back of an hatchback may look a bit OTT lol.

Thanks, that was part of the reason I went for silver.

Cheers,
Dan (still grinning like an idiot)

TT-S is a beautiful looking car but IMO it needs the 19" wheels to set it apart from the standard car..

Hope your enjoying it:)

Jonny

The car i want but cant afford it :(

Hope you have lots of fun with it

Thought the old tts where ok was not fussed on the new ones
Till i actually saw this
Great looking car. Hope you enjoy it

Nice car, nice choice.

Ive never understood the hairdresser image, MGF`s, MX5`s Ok, but Ive always though the TT has looked great, very stylish without being camp at all.

When is the remap?:)

cheers
Paul

OK, here are some interior shots. Apologies for the poor quality.

Interior3.jpg

Interior2.jpg

Interior1.jpg

Day6, current mileage 790 miles!

Cheers
Dan

That's one of the nicest TT interiors I've seen - loving the white extended leather in the doors and centre console. Nice touch!
Closing down on the 1000 mile barrior when you can really open her up!