BW 48

RYuill

Reaction score
Anyone else BW48?

My car went to Panel shop on the 19th, paint shop on the 20th, assembly on the 21st and today is in QC.

Hoping for an early crimbo delivery but after speaking to my dealer he thinks January, which is a shame as I'm offshore until the 27th.

Fingers crossed.

Reactions: Terminator x and jimojameso
Mine was built w/c 12 Oct and I had it start of November so they can arrive quick!

TX.

I'm build 48 in QC now..I've been told 14th December at dealers

Reactions: RYuill
14th would be nice. I would pick up on the 23rd when I get back. Perfect for Christmas.

Make for a
14th would be nice. I would pick up on the 23rd when I get back. Perfect for Christmas.

Make for a fantastic Christmas present.

I suppose that type of thing only really matters if you are planning on keeping the the car.
I am taking the car on PCP and will probably be looking for something else in a couple of years. Plus I'm not to fussed about having a 16 reg as I'm thinking about getting a private one for the wife (a sweetener for me getting the car )

I am built in 48.
My dealer told me that the car will arrive in Taiwan on December 7

Why would you pick up before Xmas? The value if you leave until 1 January or better still 1 March will be significantly higher.
It's not always about the money..enjoy the car asap

Reactions: Grant and RYuill
Won't lose 1k never have done and never will.
All my family car dealers doesn't really matter what time of year you buy your car that's why the plates change more often to avoid mad rushes etc

Sorry Rs1 ... I think you are either not in the uk or talking to the wrong people. The difference in value between a used 2013 '62' plate and a 2013 '13' plate can be significant. Look at Cap glasses to see.

In my opinion this is very regional depending on where you live depends on what you will get for car...either way I don't care just want car asapmoney doesn't matter.

Money doesn't matter?? Agree Health and Education and love and a few other things are more important than money but why throw it away??
Agree there are variations in price but same principle applies wherever you are in UK.

Fantastic out of QC...that was quick only 2 days....left Ingolstadt today not long now hopefully can't wait to lose that 1k.

Reactions: jimojameso and RYuill
My point about losing £1k relates to registering a new car within a few weeks of a milestone date where values change. Anyone will tell you that in uk these key dates are year change and reg plate change. For whatever reasons 1 March is the biggest change in value according to many pundits.

If my car was at dealer in mid December I would probably wait until 1 January if I could. I don't need my RS3 in February ( well 17 onwards would be nice) but I have no intention of losing £1k plus/minus due to my impatience. Its personal choice and I just point out the facts. If dealer offers a bigger discount to hit their sales/bonus target maybe.

My point about losing £1k relates to registering a new car within a few weeks of a milestone date where values change. Anyone will tell you that in uk these key dates are year change and reg plate change. For whatever reasons 1 March is the biggest change in value according to many pundits.

If my car was at dealer in mid December I would probably wait until 1 January if I could. I don't need my RS3 in February ( well 17 onwards would be nice) but I have no intention of losing £1k plus/minus due to my impatience. Its personal choice and I just point out the facts. If dealer offers a bigger discount to hit their sales/bonus target maybe.
I'm not that bothered losing a bit considering I got nearly 3k off list price of car in the end which was great...happy days

Almost £3k off, I'm doing rather better than that. plus the extra £1k too
Rgbargee too obsessed with the money.. I say enjoy life now my motto is you can't take it with you.

Rgbargee too obsessed with the money.. I say enjoy life now my motto is you can't take it with you.
Not at all.. Those who know me will agree I am sure. I would rather spend my money on things of greater benefit to my family than set fire to it. If I was obsessed with money why would I buy an RS3? Martin Lewis learned a lot from me!

Reactions: Rs1
I couldn't give a **** about the cost quite frankly, pay what you are comfortable with imho. In all honesty I think it is under priced!

TX.

Reactions: Rs1
Agree the RS3 is well priced. For me if there is a win - win deal to be done, why not! Pointless wasting money even if your minted like me.

Reactions: Terminator x
Car still in port in Germany 5 days now.

Hopefully. I will be ****** if I collect it and there is something wrong after all this time in QC.

Hopefully. I will be ****** if I collect it and there is something wrong after all this time in QC.
You'll probably catch us up at the port anyway!!!!!

I couldn't give a **** about the cost quite frankly, pay what you are comfortable with imho. In all honesty I think it is under priced!

TX.
Underpriced, lol really? :tonguewink:
My spec is 48.5, and it is still going up!

Reactions: Terminator x
Almost £3k off, I'm doing rather better than that. plus the extra £1k too

What total discount did you get then? I am up to just over £3.5k on a 48.5k car...

Cheers

OMG car in UK....happy days

Reactions: jimojameso and RYuill
I'm on the move now.

01caee2b6c98d75ccc1fb8a5eae1a448.jpg

Reactions: AndyB-S3 and jimojameso
I'm BW49 and i have left inglostadt aswell this morning! Only 2 days in QC. Man i was a lucky boy! Ours will probably be on the same ship!! :)

I'm BW49 and i have left inglostadt aswell this morning! Only 2 days in QC. Man i was a lucky boy! Ours will probably be on the same ship!! :)

What port are you going to?

Reactions: jimojameso
Tyne. City of Amsterdam is departing on the 8th so I should hopefully be on that

Nice! How do you find out about which boats depart and when? :)

I just went on Port of Tyne website and looked for arrivals from Emdan.
You could also go on Marine Traffic and look at port of Emdan and look for Departures to Sheerness.
It's a bit of a guessing game really, your dealer will know the name of the boat once the car is loaded.