BW 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50

Just spoke to the dealer and it's at code 38, what does that actually mean apart from "Vehicle in Port Released"? I assume it means it's passed any inspections in port and it's ready to be shipped. How long have others waited to go from code 38 to being on a ship?

I'm based in Essex, so I assume it will be arriving it at Sheerness? My wife works in shipping (used to be a 3rd officer on cargo ships) and she said they'll still be working throughout the Christmas period, so I'm hoping it will be here early January.

Mine took about 10 days to get to UK port during which it stayed code 38 - never saw a code saying it was on a ship. My dealer reckoned the code updates lagged behind reality and tended to be updated at the weekend. Sure enough on the 2nd weekend it was showing as being at Grimsby.
Quite good fun looking for the vessels ex Emden and guessing which has your car aboard.

There's definitely a lag with my dealer receiving the status updates, they thought it was still at code 20 when it had actually been built 10 days earlier - which I found out by speaking to Audi customer service. So maybe it's already on a ship (wishful thinking) :)

Mine has arrived in the UK :D I called Audi CS as I had a feeling it was on the ship Emden that arrived in Sheerness on Sunday, I was tracking it all weekend - so sad!

Audi CS said I need to speak to the dealer as they should know when it's due to arrive at the dealership. But I'm not sure how well it will go down that I went behind their back and spoke to Audi CS. But I guess it's looking good for an early January delivery, just need to be patient.

EDIT - I spoke to soon, the dealer just called to give me the good news that the car will be arriving at the dealership tomorrow afternoon! :D

I know most of you would wait, but I'm going to collect it on the 30th! :D It then gives me a week to play with the car whilst I've closed my business for the holidays.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blackwhite, Psyman79 and Rob2k68
Mine has arrived in the UK :D I called Audi CS as I had a feeling it was on the ship Emden that arrived in Sheerness on Sunday, I was tracking it all weekend - so sad!

Audi CS said I need to speak to the dealer as they should know when it's due to arrive at the dealership. But I'm not sure how well it will go down that I went behind their back and spoke to Audi CS. But I guess it's looking good for an early January delivery, just need to be patient.

EDIT - I spoke to soon, the dealer just called to give me the good news that the car will be arriving at the dealership tomorrow afternoon! :D

I know most of you would wait, but I'm going to collect it on the 30th! :D It then gives me a week to play with the car whilst I've closed my business for the holidays.
You are doing the right thing. I toyed with the idea of waiting until Jan for mine, but so glad I collected on the 19th. Enjoy it and post some pics.

Reactions: mcnallys, koder and Blackwhite
Thanks, yeah I couldn't bear knowing the car is just sat around the corner and I've been desperate for this car for a long time, I'm really not happy with my current car. I'm dying to jump in and take it for a drive.

Thanks, yeah I couldn't bear knowing the car is just sat around the corner and I've been desperate for this car for a long time, I'm really not happy with my current car. I'm dying to jump in and take it for a drive.
totally, just get it and enjoy it. I got my s3 on 12th dec and loving it!,,

Reactions: koder
Hi. Just joined...

Just traded from a '12 TT Black Edition and received my BW 49 today! Was actually originally quoted a March delivery but the build moved forward and car was ready before Christmas...opted for a '15 delivery. Love it.

Just done wheel and exhaust tip wax seal, sorted ;)

Spec:

S3 SB S-Tronic
Std. Leather
Daytona Grey
Comfort Pack
SD Nav
Folding Mirrors
Privacy glass
Audi Sound system

IMG 5095
IMG 5096

Reactions: Rob2k68, Psyman79 and Bristle Hound
Hi. Just joined...

Just traded from a '12 TT Black Edition and received my BW 49 today! Was actually originally quoted a March delivery but the build moved forward and car was ready before Christmas...opted for a '15 delivery. Love it.

Just done wheel and exhaust tip wax seal, sorted ;)

Spec:

S3 SB S-Tronic
Std. Leather
Daytona Grey
Comfort Pack
SD Nav
Folding Mirrors
Privacy glass
Audi Sound system

View attachment 47437 View attachment 47438
Hi & :welcome!: to ASN!

Lovely looking S3 SB buddy :thumbs up:

More pics definitely required ;)

Enjoy the site :)

Finally collected mine from Coventry yesterday, no theatre whatsoever, car parked outside in the car park, which suited me well.

Surprised how tidy the paint was, compared with previous new cars I've had that looked like they'd been washed with a brillo pad. All prior concerns totally unfounded, car looked great and was completely swirl free. Top job!

Max was away, Ben did the handover, pleasant and efficient, no issues with the trade in, all in all a pleasant experience.

Privacy glass missing, but looks like that was my fault, so a trip to the tinting shop needed.

290 mile drive back home, interesting trying to avoid constant revs on a new engine (most of it was motorway) but traffic was really light.

Really liking it so far, got a couple of photos, and have new wheels arriving next week, so will post more then, by which time it'll be detailed and Cquartz'd.

Imag0444
Imag0438 Imag0444 Imag0446 1 Imag0459 Imag0458

Attachments

• IMAG0456.jpg
    IMAG0456.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 233
  • imag0461.jpg
    imag0461.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 199
Reactions: Rob2k68, Tej13 and Bristle Hound
Gorgeous S3 my friend :thumbs up:

Good to hear about the condition of your new Audi at hand over from Coventry :)

Looking foreword to more pics & your thoughts on your S3

Finally collected mine from Coventry yesterday, no theatre whatsoever, car parked outside in the car park, which suited me well.

Surprised how tidy the paint was, compared with previous new cars I've had that looked like they'd been washed with a brillo pad. All prior concerns totally unfounded, car looked great and was completely swirl free. Top job!

Max was away, Ben did the handover, pleasant and efficient, no issues with the trade in, all in all a pleasant experience.

Privacy glass missing, but looks like that was my fault, so a trip to the tinting shop needed.

290 mile drive back home, interesting trying to avoid constant revs on a new engine (most of it was motorway) but traffic was really light.

Really liking it so far, got a couple of photos, and have new wheels arriving next week, so will post more then, by which time it'll be detailed and Cquartz'd.

View attachment 47444 View attachment 47443 View attachment 47444 View attachment 47445 View attachment 47449 View attachment 47451

Wow that is lovely!

My S3 SB is coming in Amalfi and I love the contrast with those rims.

congrats and enjoy!

Wow that is lovely!

My S3 SB is coming in Amalfi and I love the contrast with those rims.

congrats and enjoy!

Cheers, I'm liking it a lot. Bet you feel that time is dragging......

Cheers, I'm liking it a lot. Bet you feel that time is dragging......

yeah, I sure do!

I'm half way there now, so its down hill from here. The kids put a count down timer on my phone, so I am watching it tick by...