BW 17,18,19,20

I was BW 19, but it was built week 18. It left the factory on Saturday 3rd-May, was in Emden on the 7th-May then on the boat Today.

Great news.... Did they give you any indication as to when you will be able to pick up?

They said everything going well end of next week. I don't get back until a week on Tuesday though, but at least I know its sitting waiting :thumbsup:

They said everything going well end of next week. I don't get back until a week on Tuesday though, but at least I know its sitting waiting :thumbsup:

I have just had a call from audi, apparently my car is on the boat also, were did you order your car from?

Reactions: RYuill
RYuill, how much sooner was your car built than you were told it was going to be? Mine was planned for this week but I'm beginning to wonder if it may already be built.

I was quoted build week 20 then I phoned audi CS who give you more accurate updates and it was week 19.

mines going to Derby Audi!

My spec is below

S3 S-Tronic
Glacier white
Black and Red interior with Red stitching
Advanced key
Parking Plus
B+O sound system
Black Styling pack (Not sure about this one but did it anyway, anyone have any pics?)
comfort package
cruise control
electric and heated door mirrors
Interior light package
LED lights
Non smoking pack (but i got the ashtray for coins!)
Panoramic roof
Parade red s3 Emboss seats
Privacy glass
Reversing camera
Tech pack High
10 spoke titanium wheels

I ordered mine from Dundee

Where is yours going to?

RYuill, how much sooner was your car built than you were told it was going to be? Mine was planned for this week but I'm beginning to wonder if it may already be built.

Yea, everyone's seems to be built 1 week early. I would guess its already built and will be in Emden today or tomorrow.

But I could be wrong. Best to give them a call

Reactions: chrisboyle999
I was quoted build week 20 then I phoned audi CS who give you more accurate updates and it was week 19.

mines going to Derby Audi!

My spec is below

S3 S-Tronic
Glacier white
Black and Red interior with Red stitching
Advanced key
Parking Plus
B+O sound system
Black Styling pack (Not sure about this one but did it anyway, anyone have any pics?)
comfort package
cruise control
electric and heated door mirrors
Interior light package
LED lights
Non smoking pack (but i got the ashtray for coins!)
Panoramic roof
Parade red s3 Emboss seats
Privacy glass
Reversing camera
Tech pack High
10 spoke titanium wheels

Nice spec :thumbsup:

I definitely think the black pack and privacy glass is a must with the glacier white, its the first two boxes I ticked :yes:

Reactions: ColMariner
they were also the first 2 I ticked too.

im so ****** excited its killing me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:hubbahubba:

Nice spec :thumbsup:

I definitely think the black pack and privacy glass is a must with the glacier white, its the first two boxes I ticked :yes:

I have just spoke to Audi CS as my dealer seems to not actually know the status apart from it's the build week. They said it's built and is being shipped to Emden today! (at least it's not a Friday afternoon job LOL).

So I don't know how long until it's allocated a ship at Emden and decided where it will go to in UK, I imagine Grimsby as I am in the South.

But hoping that it comes pretty soon as I don't have a car after the weekend!

I have just spoke to Audi CS as my dealer seems to not actually know the status apart from it's the build week. They said it's built and is being shipped to Emden today! (at least it's not a Friday afternoon job LOL).

So I don't know how long until it's allocated a ship at Emden and decided where it will go to in UK, I imagine Grimsby as I am in the South.

But hoping that it comes pretty soon as I don't have a car after the weekend!

If your in the South it will probably come in the Sheerness.

Reactions: Chimp
My build was completed yesterday, originally a BW21 confirmed for BW20, exciting to know it actually exists now!

Boat arrived at Emden at 19:30 yesterday but has been floating about outside the port since then :wtf:

I have been watching that site for a week now and not 1 other boat has done that. Worst thing is the City Of Amsterdam has just sailed right passed it into port which has my brothers Golf R on it :banghead: :banghead:

Boat arrived at Emden at 19:30 yesterday but has been floating about outside the port since then :wtf:

I have been watching that site for a week now and not 1 other boat has done that. Worst thing is the City Of Amsterdam has just sailed right passed it into port which has my brothers Golf R on it :banghead: :banghead:

Hopefully its waiting for mine. Confirmed this morning as having left the factory :yum:

What makes you think you car is not also on City of Amsterdam :)

Even if it's not VAG use about seven different ships between Emden and Tyne.

Dealer called me today - my week 19 build will be with them early next week. All being well, I should be able to collect it on Monday 26 May, exactly a month early.

It seems to have been remarkably quick - order placed 8 April, collection 26 May, so just over 6 weeks. :)

the sales man told me

I very much doubt if he has any idea which ship will be used. The schedules and ships used can change frequently.
Which ships is he saying it will be on.

Dealer called me today - my week 19 build will be with them early next week. All being well, I should be able to collect it on Monday 26 May, exactly a month early.

It seems to have been remarkably quick - order placed 8 April, collection 26 May, so just over 6 weeks. :)

Not fair NN! I ordered before you and only being built next week! I guess not having to catch a ship across te channel speeds things up too... Still, maybe you are paying more than me, are locking wheel nuts a chargeable extra in Belgium? I priced up my 1.4 sport with comfort pack and SD nav on the German configurator and was amazed how much more it would have cost after changing EUR to GBP. Anyway, hope you enjoy your new car, even if you at getting it a month before me :)

Called today and told to arrange a time for pick up. :p

10am Saturday for me! Just hoping no long wait for the finance payment to go through.

Any pics?

All in good time........hopefully get some on tonight. Added on from camera phone which isn't great.

Epic car. Perfect so far and could not have asked for better weather. For all those waiting for their S3/ A3 is well worth the wait.

sehy9yqu.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: veeeight
Looks nice mate, Enjoy the new car.

Hopefully not long now for the rest of us :)

Not fair NN! I ordered before you and only being built next week! I guess not having to catch a ship across te channel speeds things up too... Still, maybe you are paying more than me, are locking wheel nuts a chargeable extra in Belgium? I priced up my 1.4 sport with comfort pack and SD nav on the German configurator and was amazed how much more it would have cost after changing EUR to GBP. Anyway, hope you enjoy your new car, even if you at getting it a month before me :)

I'm sure I'm paying more than you guys in the UK, everything in Belgium costs more than the UK, except diesel :)

Looks nice mate, Enjoy the new car.

Hopefully not long now for the rest of us :)

Yep loving it. You are in for a treat. Best thing I have ever owned which is a bold statement after 24 hours of ownership!

Just had a phone call to say that my vehicle is at the port of Grimsby!!!!

does anyone know how long it is going to take from here to pick my car up?

Just had a phone call to say that my vehicle is at the port of Grimsby!!!!

does anyone know how long it is going to take from here to pick my car up?

NICE! I don't know how much phone Audi CS is classed as TOO MUCH but tempted to give them a call later today as I assume mine must be at Emden if it was being loaded on train last week, I hear from peeps on here that if coming to a dealer in the South then the port would be sheerness so less boats though :sadlike:

I must have phoned at least once a day! haha

Does anyone know how long it will take approx from this point to picking the vehicle up?

NICE! I don't know how much phone Audi CS is classed as TOO MUCH but tempted to give them a call later today as I assume mine must be at Emden if it was being loaded on train last week, I hear from peeps on here that if coming to a dealer in the South then the port would be sheerness so less boats though :sadlike:

I must have phoned at least once a day! haha

Does anyone know how long it will take approx from this point to picking the vehicle up?

Mine 8 days to get from Ingolstadt to Grimsby and then 12 days to get from Grimsby to the dealer and then another 5 days for the dealer to do the PDI etc but that did include a weekend. A lot depends on how busy the transporters are from Grimsby to the dealer.

Just had email from dealer to say car arrived in Grimsby this morning. So not long now, the email said no more than 10 days for it to arrive at the dealer so hopefully that gives you an idea of the waiting times now.

Just spoke to audi CS, the boat is currently being offloaded and they mentioned that my car is one of 1500 on the ship! they can give me a more prec

Just had email from dealer to say car arrived in Grimsby this morning. So not long now, the email said no more than 10 days for it to arrive at the dealer so hopefully that gives you an idea of the waiting times now.

I think quite a lot of people on this build thread have ordered white. I have had 5 black cars over the last 10 years so time to change to white i thought, as it shows the lines of the car off better. If i dont like it, it will be punted and back to black again in a couple of years.