BV43 Hybrid

TonyMoneo

Reaction score
Good day my fellow Audi enthusiasts!

I have a 2.0 TDI 170PD on which I have done a DPF delete and software. Running about 210HP, I'm enjoying every bit of it. Won't say I'm looking for more power (just too much hassle to get more power from these engines).

Someone approached me and said I must consider upgrading to a larger billet compressor wheel. Why would I want to do that? Are there any major benefits? And more importantly, is that a good idea on the BV43 (I've heard it is not a very mod friendly turbo)?

Looking forward to get your input!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For some reason I never liked the thought of the hybrid turbo.
And then I completely disliked them when I found out they do not last very long..
I wasn't considering that option anyway. But now it's completely put of question doing it no matter how much power I may want.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I Wouldn't bother. If you do upgrade, just buy a bigger turbo.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Reactions: SemedoB6
If I'm not changing my map, ie keep boosting the same will a bigger comp wheel change spool characteristics? Wont the billet wheel also make the turbo more robust or is the shaft the weak point?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that not changing the map it won't. Make any noticeable difference.
But in my opinion it will definitely change the spool with a higher compressor housing..
It'll be a bit more laggy. But don't think it would be that noticeable.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

If your getting the turbo rebuilt either way then you may as well get a billet wheel rather than aluminium as they're stronger and lighter, may as well get it ported and polished too if this is an option.

Whether or not all this will make allot of difference is debatable really... to be honest I can't even remember which wheel mine has :playful: