bv43 dyno results...

deano1978

different gear
Reaction score
DSC_0735.jpg

Not very happy, 10hp over bv43 turbo,its running 1.7bar,no smoke.
Just going back to tuners,to make some adjustments.

Ha,we was expecting 190+
Says need an intercooler to up the horses. So far not convinced its been worth it. Id say i wasnt that far off with original turbo n remap.

Does seem a little on the low side, maybe something else is out of place or as you say the map isn't set up right.

I got 207bhp and 350Lb /ft of torque out of my 130 PD AWX Passat with a BV43. I ran mine at 1.8 bar peak at 3500 rpm dropping off to 1.7 bar at 4K RPM. You are short of fuel by the looks of it with 1.7 bar of boost you should have a lot more power than that.
The standard 170bhp car makes it's power with just over 1.5 bar of boost.
If you are running with the standard intercooler that isn't the best for maximum power especially if like me you want to tweak the boost a little more as you are running at lower efficiency on the compressor so you get hotter air of the turbo.
You should be able to get 200bhp easily with a BV43. And the difference over a mapped standard turbo and the BV43 is very noticeable.
I did a dyno mapping session at Midland VW and after we finished unfortunately they deleted the map of the final run and I only have this one.

We mapped out the boost spike and managed to get the power up a little more at the top end but you get the idea from this. The car was making at least 190bhp between 3K and 4.6K RPM . It's the are under the curve that makes the difference when it comes to acceleration not just the headline number.

Karl.

Did go back to tuners and they upped the limit of the maf sensor,as the dip in the middle of the result is air related.
Strange how some remaps can make 180bhp on standard motors,more or less.

Anyone know a decent fitting intercooler 4 the motor?

I also think its under fuelling,as previous map had loads of power n smoke,now no smoke at all (hardly)
Egt are high too (running lean) but tuner reckons theres enough fuel going through. If i remember he said he took off 35% fueling.

What other mods did u have karl.
They deleted ur map??

There is a diagnostic limit of 1249 on the MAF sensor but that doesn't have anything to do with the power output on the car just the maximum value that can be displayed when it's logged.
Your Audi seems to have the same SMIC setup as the Passat I had.
A good upgrade is a universal FMIC kit off Fleabay.
This is the kit I used to do my Passat. They bump the price up to a silly price when they are out of stock, and then lower it again when stock is available that way they don't pay to relist it.

2.25" UNIVERSAL INTERCOOLER KIT TYPE G 550x175x64MM | eBay

UKpassats.co.uk • Login

Karl.

Reactions: deano1978
High EGT's are usually a result of too much fuel and not enough air or injecting fuel too late by having long injection durations.
The smaller intercooler won't help but what are they calling high EGT temperatures.
The european tuners run these over 1000 degrees c for short durations, they are good for 950 degrees c for long durations. The turbine side is made a lot more durable as it's designed to run with a DPF where exhaust side temperatures can be a lot hotter.
I had a 2.5 inch straight through exhaust with no cat, FMIC, EGR delete and a few other bits.

They didn't delete the map on the car , they deleted the stored records of the runs I did so the only one I had was the one above. Did about 8 runs in all tweaking the map.

Karl.

Deano.

I use eurospecs dyno.. It's particularly hard on cars.. Seen 1.8ts make 280bhp there and 308bhp else where!

Dyno Dynamics rollers are accurate dyno's and yes they can be heart breakers.

I would expect 200hp though. It takes a long time to tune it though, not something you can do in half a day.

Rick

Yeah heart breaker,
Not good having inconsistent rollers!
Egts are roughly running around 400-500.

Did spend best part of a day there.
So when intercoolers in does it need tuning again?

400-500 is nothing for EGT temperature.Thats barely getting warmed up.

B4 bv43 turbo,which was maped,ran vevy smokey,so i asumed it kept things cooler,peaked at 400-450.
With bv43 now its at a 400-500 most of the driving,so this might be fuel related? As in not much power?
What temps should i be running now?
My probe is in my egr manifold.

Do you mean something like this ? On a plate where the EGR pipe came out of the exhaust manifold.

Standard

UPDATE...
Went to crewe over the weekend to get a decent map.
Guys names jason top bloke,had several chats (emails) with him,told him of the mods etc, and was happy and confident to tune.

Got there bout 9-45,checked out town center of crewe,hmmmmm not missing much there,and returned about 3,with them just finishing off.

So finally got my goal of reaching over 200bhp
@ 205
DSC_0083.jpg

DSC_0084.jpg

It pulls so much better top end,loads of power. V happy for now.
Can recommend.
More bhp

Last edited:
Reactions: barkclark and desertstorm
CREWE!! The english capital of Poland lol, proper grim hole lol,

That looks a lot better bud, and thats with out a FMIC?

Thats more like what you should be getting. If you haven't fitted a FMIC yet then I would, won't make a massive difference in the power but will make it a lot more consistent especially in the summer .

Karl.

Yes chaps,i fitted the fmic a while a go.
Boost is now boosting lower than b4 but with more power :)
Even on my normal run to work which sees 45-48mpg,today got 52!!!
It all seems to be working very efficiently.

All in all its took just over a year n a half from standard sport avant,to today,and 5 remaps,with some poor,smokey results.

Reactions: barkclark
Fantastic results indeed, especially considering 48!!!! mpg :D I love my 1.8T but damn I'd sure like 48mpg :D

Reactions: deano1978