Buying VCDS

mnoble

Reaction score
Hi I am looking a getting the HEX-USB+CAN version, where/who is the best place to buy in the UK?

anyone had bad experiences with any of the listed distributors?

http://www.ross-tech.com/distributors.html

any comments welcomed,

but while I wait to order mine, is there anyone in the Banbury Area willing to scan my 06 Passat?

thanks

mark

If I could shift this poxy flu/cold for 2nd time I'd get my **** up & order some genuine ones, look me up next monday think we got them down to £230 delivered unless exchange rates have gone tits again mate.

Just ordered vcds be here on wednesday its only money :thrashi:i think i better try it out the van before i touch car i have hered that a scan is first job incase i f===k something up and this can be saved is this true cheers Ian:beerchug:

I bought mine from

Gendan Limited
Unit 14 Llys Caer Felin
Felinfach
Swansea SA5 4HH
+44 0 1792 588002

They were great to deal with and II would recommend them.

bought mine from marshall industries very helpfull on the phone cable ,disc,manual,in case.

thanks for the responses, mine arrived yesterday and have been 'looking' over the cars.

http://www.obd-codes.com/

also found the above site, as my passat has a;
"
000257 - Mass Air Flow Sensor (G70): Implausible Signal
P0101 - 004 - No Signal/Communication - MIL ON
"
which i couldn't find much info code 000257 on the ross tech site (unless i am missing something) but i did find info in the p0101 code.

also happy to help anyone around the Banbury area, if you need a scan etc..

Hi i received my vcds this morning and have also had a new laptop ,so i now have 2 laptops one running xp and one running vista question is one better than the other so to speak for vcds before i load it any help appreciated cheers Ian

I run 32-bit vista and it works perfectly, I'd load it onto the laptop you'll keep the longest or you prefere/use most.

Hi i received my vcds this morning and have also had a new laptop ,so i now have 2 laptops one running xp and one running vista question is one better than the other so to speak for vcds before i load it any help appreciated cheers Ian

There is no real difference. We have units here in the office running Vista and others running XP. None of seem to care which we run. VCDS certainly does not care and there is no performance difference between the operating systems.

Thanks for the replys guys will use the xp laptop for now as i have my other coding programs on there as well and can use that lap for my code programs only cheers Ian