Buying S3 Sportback - cam belt due?

Reaction score
We are in the process of buying an S3 from an Audi dealer and the car has just gone passed the 5 year mark. I understand that Audi recommend the cam belt be changed at 75k or 5 years.

Can an Audi Approved dealer really sell this car without the cam belt being done if they actually recommend it (due in January) under their "used approved car scheme"...i guess they can but doesn't sound right to me!

Please advise..
RIchard

Not yet as only just realised it would be due. Has low mileage. But Hits the 5 year.
Will try and negotiate but wanted to know if they could technically do it?

I'd ask them to change it, otherwise you'll be spending £400-£500. Should be changed at 5 years or 75,000 miles whichever comes first.

I bought mine last may with 54k on the clock and almost 5 yrs old, Audi approved.
At the time I didn't realise it needed doing so never gave it a thought.
3 months later I became aware it was due so rang a couple of dealers for quotes, I decided to go back to the supplying dealer to argue the point to say it should have been done pre-sale only to find it HAD been done as part of the approved programme.
So yes I don't think it's compulsary for them to do it but they should if its imminent.

Did they replace the water pump at the same time as these often fail before the belt!

Did they replace the water pump at the same time as these often fail before the belt!
When I got quotes I was told it was best to replace the water pump at the same time.
When I found out Audi had done the belt pre sale, I asked if they had done the pump and they said......er no!

They have done it.. Rang them and confirmed it...
Have they just told you that if so they should have made the entry to that effect in the service booklet and ticked the toothbelt box and stamped it other wise you will have to take the word for it that,s been done.

Audi dealer told me 140k miles or 5 years for my 2010 S3.