Buying an S4 in a few weeks.

dplovin

Reaction score
ill be in the market for an S4 this thursday and can't wait!! just wondering if theres anything i should be looking out for before purchasing. any known problems that occur.

also whats everyone doing mod wise these days, any recommendations on a cat back except for miltek

like a kid waiting for christmas day

I have a b6 s4 which is for sale, JHM Motorsport remap, piggy delete (precats removed), cat delete, K&N air filter, rs4 clutch and flywheel, 20" d3 s8 alloy wheels, new brakes all round, cruise control, recaro fully electric half leather/alcantara interior, colour DIS and much, much more ! All it needs is a rs4 antiroll bar and a milltek exhaust...

History of the engine is very important and there are a lot of threads on the engine, but a common theme developing with the engine is the chain guide rails failing/cracking and this needs the engine completely out

Reactions: dplovin
I have a b6 s4 which is for sale, JHM Motorsport remap, piggy delete (precats removed), cat delete, K&N air filter, rs4 clutch and flywheel, 20" d3 s8 alloy wheels, new brakes all round, cruise control, recaro fully electric half leather/alcantara interior, colour DIS and much, much more ! All it needs is a rs4 antiroll bar and a milltek exhaust...

im guessing yours will be out my price range though mate. 6k

Hi DPLovin,

Good luck with finding a good S4, there are a lot of abused examples out there, beware on the cheap ones they could have hidden issues like chain issues/ DMF on its way out etc.

I have had mine a few years now and still love it, you wont be disappointed as they are so much car for little cash.

I put together a thread about the sort of work I have done on mine, so always good as a checklist when buying one and also help you understand the budget for repairs.

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/thread...carried-out-past-2-years.224085/#post-2282631

I have no clue what mine is worth these days, the thing with V8's is they are a bit up and down on the price... now fuel is cheap its a good time to buy as the prices might start going up especially for the pre 06 models as you have the cheaper tax bracket which is a bonus.

Cheers

Al

Nice one DpLovin. As with most cars I would always go for the most original and straightest you can find. I bought a B7 last year. Blue cabriolet with 45k up. Full history and beautifully maintained. As such she looks fantastic. Check the usual under the wings, door sills and the spare wheel. Carpets and pads give a good indication as well. Under the bonnet check the belts and oil. Is it a good colour. V8's like oil but they also like to be warm before being pushed. Never push her hard before you have warmed her up. The car as well....Make sure tyres are evenly work. Check front suspension as they can wear bushes out......Listen carefully after she is started. Tehy will initially be a bit lumpy but should quickly settle to a smooth even idle. If not be wary as it could be expensive. These V8's are pretty bullet proof and will go for years if oiled and watered. You do not have to spend a fortune at the Audi dealer. Find a mechanic who loves V8's. Good luck and let your head rule your heart........

Sorry for thread hi-jack but I also am considering buying one and am looking for info, all I forgot to ask previously is how much are these to tax and for those that have one how do you pay? Monthly 6 month or yearly?

I have a feeling the tax might put me off.

I thought it would be about £500, that must be newer cars!

My 2004 saloon is still £270 per year...as above, a lot of car for the money, always brings a smile on my face !

Reactions: Snowplough