Buying an S1 Aluminium gear knob?

JFH

Reaction score
Hi! Does anyone know a good place to get an S1 aluminium gear knob? Preferably red stitch to match my interior. Any links etc are greatly appreciated!

If it's the A1 Quattro one you're after then they are extremely expensive now, almost £310 in the UK with little to no discount available to dealer/TPS.

I bought mine from Germany in Feb. The exchange rate was favourable and it cost me £240 including postage, brand new genuine. Probably more like £270+ at the moment.

They come up rarely on the selling groups but they're normally scratched to bits and still up for big money.

If it's the A1 Quattro one you're after then they are extremely expensive now, almost £310 in the UK with little to no discount available to dealer/TPS.

I bought mine from Germany in Feb. The exchange rate was favourable and it cost me £240 including postage, brand new genuine. Probably more like £270+ at the moment.

They come up rarely on the selling groups but they're normally scratched to bits and still up for big money.
Yep, that's the one! Where did you get yours from?

The prices really have skyrocketed from a few years ago when I was looking at them

Nice to look at but hot potatoe in summer and ****** freezing in winter.

Unless you like wearing driving gloves , choose life , choose leather .

Reactions: CHEZ
Nice to look at but hot potatoe in summer and ****** freezing in winter.

Unless you like wearing driving gloves , choose life , choose leather .

Doesn't bother me. Had cars in the past with metal gear knobs. If your skin is too delicate you need to do some more graft :icon thumright:

Reactions: NevMan, Bryant1998 and CHEZ
I'll learn some German before ordering! Thanks for the link

lol just use translate in Chrome / Google Translate. They're a big supplier in Germany. Mine had a VAG production date the day after I placed my order (so they haven't got old stocks kicking about which is good). Only took 4 days to arrive as well.

Doesn't bother me. Had cars in the past with metal gear knobs. If your skin is too delicate you need to do some more graft :icon thumright:

I had one on my S1, was never an issue temperature wise. Looks way better than the leather OEM ones, I was lucky and bought mine for £230 a few years ago from a UK parts supplier.

I had one on my S1, was never an issue temperature wise. Looks way better than the leather OEM ones, I was lucky and bought mine for £230 a few years ago from a UK parts supplier.
Second this....temperature was never an issue for us when we had our S1. The aluminium gear knob is a must, the feel is great and really sets of the interior. I remember buying two back in 2016 at £100 each brand new! Audi more than doubled the price all of a sudden, down to the demand of them and knowing they could charge much more for them!

Reactions: JFH
I am looking at ordering one of these and I'm just wondering if the gearstick comes with a replacement metal clip that holds it on? Sorry to bother!

Yes it does. Make sure you have the correct tool to squeeze the new clamp, don't try and bodge it.

Search for Cinch ring/single ear stepless hose clamp crimp/pliers

Reactions: S3 Rav
Yes it does. Make sure you have the correct tool to squeeze the new clamp, don't try and bodge it.

Search for Cinch ring/single ear stepless hose clamp crimp/pliers
Amazing. Thanks for replying. I've ordered some Halfords hose clip pliers for the job, hopefully, they will do it good enough