buying advice 2007 A4 2.0TFSI Auto please

LynxE

Reaction score
Hello

Advice please

I've contacted the seller and asked about the cambelt and water pump. She's shown me a pic of the service book and at 50K theres a tick for "toothed belt" but there is no mention of the water pump. Can I assume it is the cambelt? Also can I assume the water pump would have been done?

There is a contact number for the dealer. Would they keep a record and let me know if I ring them?

It's done 108K so I'm hoping that the interval is 80K so I'm hoping it would be OK for another 20K or so.

Are the Autos OK? I usually have manuals

Thanks for any advice and replies

You hear horror stories about the 2.0tfsi engine but it really all comes down to maintainance. A well looked after and serviced car will last for 200+k miles.

I believe the interval for the toothed belt (cambelt) is 80k on the 2.0tfsi but not sure what the interval is for the waterpump or whethet audi chamge it with the belt. The dealer might be able to shed some light, failing that, if its a decent car and worth buying, have the belt and pump done once you've bought it, just for piece of mind

Reactions: Charlie Farley
Most places will change the water pump with a cam belt service , that said don't assume it has been though , ask for service receipts that show itemised parts used.
Paper receipts don't lie , sadly many garages do, a case of buyer be aware .

Well I bought mine on a tad over 100k with full Audi main dealer service history and it still had a full engine rebuild a month before I bought it so you can never be completely safe buying any used car a bit of luck is always involved.