Buying Advice - 06 Audi A4 S Line 2.0T FSI

forren

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm going to view and hopefully buy an 2006 Audi A4 B7 S Line, its the 220bhp 2.0T one. It's done 99k miles and has full service history. It's just been serviced and had the cam belt changed.

I've read a few threads on what to look for when buying and i've come up with the following,

Rust under arches
PCV
Cam follower - unsure as to how I would know if this needs changing, unless they can assure me its been changed i'll be changing it asap anyway.
DV? - again not sure how to identify if this is an issue

Is there anything else I should be looking out for?

Thanks

Hi , after the engine has warmed up , listen to the engine carefully from the drivers seat. If they have an issue will here a gentle knocking noise. Also listen for vvt chain rattle. The tensioner can wear and this causes the chain to catch the inside of the casing. I bought the same car 18 months ago with only 50k on the clock with full audi history , had to change the Vanos unit and the vvt chain. £1000. Ouch. But it's run like a dream since. Also check the discs , these can be expensive to replace.

Good luck.

I have thi car 06 2.0T... do they have cam belts or chains? if not whats the VVT chain?
and front discs from audi are £166 each....

I have thi car 06 2.0T... do they have cam belts or chains? if not whats the VVT chain?
and front discs from audi are £166 each....

They have chains at the rear of the motor which controls in the intake cam and Cambelt for exhaust cam at the front of the motor. So they have both.

As for the VVT were the chain runs at the rear of the motor there is a gear it runs on and not the cam gear the other side.

That is why you dont buy just the a single disc, you take there offer for cars older than 3 years - £269 You are getting front discs and pads fitted as well a 2 year warranty :)

surely that fixed front discs/pads price doesn't run on this turbo model...the discs are bigger. i doubt they will honour that..ill ask tho!

EDIT - Fronst discs and pads for the S Line 2.0T model are covered under that price. Bonus!! just called them

Last edited:
Yes mate they do anything up to 2ltr. I even spoke to the service manager and argued the fact about the DTM as they have cross drilled ventilated discs on the front "keeping in mind the disc alone are 200 quid ea" But they said the only exclusion is the Audi S3 otherwise they will do it. I promise you that :happy:

Quote from Audi - Privately owned Audi vehicles over 36 months old from date of registration. Up to and including 2.0 litre engines for A2, A3, A4, A5, A6, TT and Q5. Offer may be varied or withdrawn at any time. Prices include VAT at the prevailing rate and parts and labour. Cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer. Excludes Channel Islands.

Edit - Told you :whistle2:

Well thats why I asked cosI have the special edition turbo and they are cross drilled discs up front. Arent these the same as DTM discs too? I thought DTM was just the body kit on top of the quattro special Edition

Well thats why I asked cosI have the special edition turbo and they are cross drilled discs up front. Arent these the same as DTM discs too? I thought DTM was just the body kit on top of the quattro special Edition

You are correct the special edition has the same 320mm cross drilled discs.

The DTM is just a body kit, but there is other differences slight difference in suspension. Alcantara sport seats, carbon fibre door inlays as well as dash, 100mm rear exhausts with diffuser etc etc. But in terms of brakes yes they exactly the same.

Reactions: Av4nt