buying a6 c7

dolcevita4

Reaction score
Hi all,

Im looking at buying an a6 c7 second hand(2013/2014) and im hesitating between s-line and black edition. What are the differences between these two?

Also it appers that 2.0 diesel is in my price range altough 3.0 quattro is the prefered option - whats your experience with the 2.0 diesel engines?

ive been told to stay away from multitronic - is it really that bad?

also please let me know things to look out for - from experience.

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Black editions have black window trim, black dashboard and door inlays, 13/14's should have rotor style wheels, flat bottom steering wheel, factory tints, black headlining and bose sound system. I am basing config of a '16 A6 BE so list may differ a little.

i've got the 2.0 ultra and its a very good balance of performance and economy, ive done nearly 50mpg in 12 months and its not a slouch

i've also got the black edition, i wanted bigger wheels, bose and de-chrome as its easier to clean - i think later models like mine also have elec memory seats over the s-line

The electric memory seats were standard on the s line and black edition models as of MY 17.

A 2013/14 car will not be an ultra unless it is a very 2014 2.0 car. This also means it will Euro5 rather than Euro6. Non-ultra 2.0 cars will also have the multitronic auto box as will fwd 3.0 cars of that age. 2.0 Ultra engined cars get the s-tronic box as do the 3.0 fwd cars from mid 2015 when they also became ultra classified (easy to spot as they have the adblue filler next to the fuel filler). As others have said black edition is just the s-line plus chrome trial replaced with black trim, larger wheels, dark tinted rear windows and Bose sound system.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks guys. ended up with sline and I'm over the moon with it!!!
ac186f310878faed18b3a0210e747fa1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Reactions: AndyT306