1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buying A4 black edition

Mountfos-s3 Jun 9, 2019

1. Mountfos-s3

Mountfos-s3 New Member It's my birthday

hello guys/girls
    I am currently in the market for a 2012/13 A4 2.0tdi black edition possibly a 177
    I am just looking for some advice on what to look out for when purchasing and what the best to go for from peoples personal experiences ie man/auto and the different powers engines
    I have been looking at cars with 60-70k on the clock
    Any advise would b very great full
    Many thanx matt

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. Marky007

Marky007 A4 Sline Team Silver TDi saloon Audi A4 S-line owners group Manual

Mine is for sale if interest not a black edition but all the bits Screenshot_20190524-223912_Snapchat.jpg

4. DGSdale

DGSdale Member

I bought a Black Edition Avant Quattro (2.0 TFSI) and would suggest the first thing to decide is whether you really want S tronic or Multitronic or not. If you don't really want either then go Manual. If you do want Auto then make sure the transmission (and the rest of the car) has the correct service history and take it for a decent test drive to fully check it is working properly and smoothly. Look for the highest spec. you can find, especially where the MMI/Sat Nav is concerned and preferably full leather. I always go for Quattro and if your part of the world gets snow you'll find it worth it but it does increase fuel consumption and can mean replacing all four tyres at the same time. The tyres are big, low profile and expensive - make sure they have some decent life in them or use it as a bargaining point. Also look for kerbing/corrosion on the wheels as the big wheels are more expensive to refurb. Check out the rear wiper works properly (common failure) and the fuel flap locks and unlocks as it should (another common failure). Also, make sure you're happy with the firm S line suspension - the 12/13 on cars were improved in that respect but you still know how s**t our roads are. Hope this helps - good luck with your search.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
    mister.c. likes this.
  5. Booboo

Booboo Active Member Team Daytona TFSI Owners Group Audi A4 Black Edition quattro S tronic S-line owners group

I have the Black Edition S-Line S-Tronic. I love the auto box , I'd never go back why continually go up & down a manual box around town?
    I think it's crazy these days with auto gearboxes as good as they are. Get the 3g+ navi, & B & O sound system !

6. A4A4

A4A4 Owner of a Shiny Daytona

Only reason a manual was picked for me over an auto box was more miles per gallon and the road tax was cheaper.

Something to think about..

Go for the 177bhp

And as much extras you can find or you will possibly regret it.

7. DGSdale

DGSdale Member

Mine's S tronic too and our B7 S4 Cab is Auto (Torque Converter) but I think a number of people are concerned by the horror stories of the S tronic and Multitronic 'boxes going wrong (perhaps mostly historical now) and the cost of repair.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
  8. AudiSport

AudiSport Member

My Black edition is for sale on AT and the classifieds here!
    5FA37976-5283-47F5-A1AE-212EE878F89E.jpeg

9. DickoB8

DickoB8 A4 Avant S Line Executive 170bhp

When I started looking for a B8 I was set on a black edition mainly for the looks but the more I looked they all seemed to lack spec especially the MMI buttons around the gearstick which for me without them makes the interior look bare. I can imagine on the B8.5 comes better specced but my budget wouldn’t stretch at the time. Ended up with a high spec S Line Avant which came with the black styling also so ticked all the boxes. Good luck with your search and like others have said find one with a decent history and as high spec as possible and you will be good!

10. Mountfos-s3

Mountfos-s3 New Member It's my birthday

Thank you to all that have replied. I am one happy man now picked up a white 2012 black edition tdi 177. Had a great 3 hour drive home from the garage yesterday such a nice drive and really can’t fault it

Retroman and DickoB8 like this.